Pixelbook skinned or naked?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I wanted to see if some of you have skinned (or put stickers) on your Pixelbook, or left it naked? For those that have left it naked, how has the casing held up?

Edit: I've been thinking about doing this before my Pixelbook arrives. My wife has a dbrand skin on her MacBook Air (metallic gray) and has held up well, and I had a carbon fiber skin (don't recall the brand) on my old MacBook Pro that got scratched up over time, but protected the laptop itself.

Last edited:

Itsa_Me_Mario

¯\_(o_o)_/¯
Feb 19, 2018
Visit site
Dbrand

071be3ab2c3c93121c4512175ce89e09.jpg

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
^^^Nice! I happen to pick the same color combination before I saw your picture. :) Same as yours: back, trackpad and bottom in Hyperblack Titanium, glass in Matte White, Google logo in red. It's essentially the reverse of my panda Pixel 2 XL.

Sorry if I inadvertently copied your look. :p

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
For those of you that did skin their Pixelbooks, did it affect the wireless signals by covering the glass portion?

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Very similar to Itsa_Me_Mario's, but here's mine covered in a dbrand skin, next to my panda Pixel 2 XL...
WzRwQMz.jpg

You can also look at Xtremeskins, but I don't know how good a quality their skins are.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
NAKED! It's too beautiful to cover up.

If it wasn't for kids, pets, and any chance of it getting scratched by the elements, I'd certainly keep mine naked too! So, putting the skin is for its protection, and giving it a bit of flair at the same time. :)

ImTurningViolet

Oct 10, 2015
Visit site
So you guys with skins, do you take your Pixelbook out of the house? I put a clear she'll on mine but I would love to switch to a skin. I'm just worried that it'll get dinged up in my backpack.