anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
At $699, I ordered up the base model + pen from BB today. I went with them because I am getting the Pixel Stand for half off there as well.

I'm having everything shipped because I hate going into stores if I don't have too. especially this time of year. Should be here next Friday.:cool:

jabaa

Oct 25, 2018
Visit site
At $699, I ordered up the base model + pen from BB today. I went with them because I am getting the Pixel Stand for half off there as well.

I'm having everything shipped because I hate going into stores if I don't have too. especially this time of year. Should be here next Friday.:cool:

I'm in too. At $699 the decision was made easy. I picked mine up at Best Buy and have had a couple days with it and so far love it. Everything you hear about it is true.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I'm in too. At $699 the decision was made easy. I picked mine up at Best Buy and have had a couple days with it and so far love it. Everything you hear about it is true.

That's great to hear! I was really torn between this and the Slate. It's encouraging to hear the PB doesn't disappoint.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
You know, one other thing... In addition to this amazing piece of tech, there is a free trial for YouTube TV for 3 mos free. I'm actually looking forward to trying that out as I've been considering some "cord cutting" alternatives. From what I've been able to research, YouTube TV is actually an okay deal. I'm excited to try it out and make my decision to cut DirecTV out of my life!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Make sure you check your Chromebook Offers: https://www.google.com/chromebook/offers/. One of the better offers is a 3 month free trial of Google One -- I couldn't take advantage of it since it's only for new subscribers, and I had already signed up for the one month free trial. The 100 GB of Google Drive space for 2 years is nice. And if you want to give YouTube TV a try, there's a 3 month free trial.

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you check your Chromebook Offers: https://www.google.com/chromebook/offers/. One of the better offers is a 3 month free trial of Google One -- I couldn't take advantage of it since it's only for new subscribers, and I had already signed up for the one month free trial. The 100 GB of Google Drive space for 2 years is nice. And if you want to give YouTube TV a try, there's a 3 month free trial.

I fired up the YouTube TV free trial. I've really been wanting to "cut the cord" so to speak and I have to tell you that offer was right on time for me. I've got a couple of Google speakers with Chromecast and it has been a real treat this weekend just calling out what I want to watch. "Hey Google, turn on the Rams game." Hahaha!! Just having a great time with it all!

But back to the PB. I've tried out a few of the features with the pen and having GA native to the laptop. Been really great picking up a couple of really useful features for the things I like to do. I'm really satisfied with the entire purchase.

wtherrell

Aug 23, 2010
Visit site
Just got mine going. I echo the praise heaped upon it. If I had known it was this good I would have bought it last year at full price!

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
You know, one other thing... In addition to this amazing piece of tech, there is a free trial for YouTube TV for 3 mos free.

I recently cut the cord myself, so thinking about test driving this one too. BTW, I'm still angry for the Rams leaving St. Louis, but that's a conversation for another day. :p

anon(10092459)

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
I recently cut the cord myself, so thinking about test driving this one too. BTW, I'm still angry for the Rams leaving St. Louis, but that's a conversation for another day. :p

LoL! Well, we'll definitely have to have a separate thread for the Rams.

I just don't watch that much television and have been tempted for months to make the move. The PB purchase with the 3 month YouTube TV just all lined up at the right time. I've been using it since the 28th to see if I would be missing anything before I discontinued DirecTV.

I called AT&T today to disconnect...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181208-125828.jpg
    Screenshot_20181208-125828.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 19

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Got in on the same deal, but just opened it at Christmas as a present to myself. I like it and the keyboard is the best ever. Still.... I do the same thing's that I did with my 2012 MBA, so it was a bit of a splurge. Hope I get 7 years out of it like the Air(Which still works fine)

WillysJeepMan

Mar 21, 2011
Visit site
Got in on the same deal, but just opened it at Christmas as a present to myself. I like it and the keyboard is the best ever. Still.... I do the same thing's that I did with my 2012 MBA, so it was a bit of a splurge. Hope I get 7 years out of it like the Air(Which still works fine)
Congrats!

The Pixelbook was able to replace both my 2014 11" MBA and 2015 12.9 iPad Pro. Considering what the current iPad Pro and Macbook Air sell for and what I can do with the PB (for far, far less cost) I'm delighted. Chrome OS 70 made using the PB as a tablet more enjoyable.

As for getting 7 years of use out of it, it depends. With the advances being made in Chrome OS and things like being able to dual-boot to Windows 10 (I have no plan on doing that), and support for Linux, I'd say that the chances are excellent that the PB will still be usable 7 years from now. Maybe not in the same way it is being used now.

jsarino

VR Expert
Trusted Member
Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
My MacBook Pro (15" 2011) was mostly maxed out with nearly the same specs as my i7 PB (i7 w/ discrete graphics card, 16 GB RAM, 512 GB SSD) and lasted 7 years until this past October. I was tossing back and forth between getting a newer MBP, but went with the PB. I could argue that I use it far more than I did with my MBP, and that laptop I used quite a bit, and went with me everywhere. Even with faster Chromebooks on the horizon, the versatility of the PB could have me using it for a long time as well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar