Welp, I jumped in and bought a pixelbook. I'm waaaaaay to excited. I'm looking for accessories. I'm considering a usb c adapter, screen protector all that jazz.

Before I blow a bunch of money on amazon can I get some recommendations? I dont wanna buy a bunch of stuff I think I want and end up not using it.
    12-14-2018 05:24 PM
    Why not use the PB for awhile and then what you need/want as the need/want arises ??
    12-14-2018 05:39 PM
    Welp, I jumped in and bought a pixelbook. I'm waaaaaay to excited. I'm looking for accessories. I'm considering a usb c adapter, screen protector all that jazz.

Before I blow a bunch of money on amazon can I get some recommendations? I dont wanna buy a bunch of stuff I think I want and end up not using it.
    Congratulations! @billchat offered sound advice. Use it for a while and make a list of those things that cause you to think, "it would be nice if..."

I've got the Google Pen, a USB-C mini-hub that has some full-sized USB ports, HDMI, and SD card slot... and looking for a matte screen protector.
    12-15-2018 09:11 AM
    Good idea... like I said I'm way too excited. I know for sure I'm gonna need a good screen protector and probably a pixelbook pen.
    12-15-2018 05:33 PM
    The pen is pretty great! I bought a hard shell for mine bc I take it out of the house a lot but if I didn't I'd 100% get a skin.
    12-16-2018 06:25 AM
    The pen is a nice thing to have, but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it. I found mine on eBay for about $60. Got the Bellroy pen clip, which is really handy (and looks nice too!).
    12-16-2018 09:38 PM
    $60 for a new one or was it used?
    The pen is a nice thing to have, but I'm not sure I'd pay full price for it. I found mine on eBay for about $60. Got the Bellroy pen clip, which is really handy (and looks nice too!).
    12-17-2018 10:23 PM
    $60 for a new one or was it used?
    I can't quite remember. It came in the original box, and the seller is a reseller, so it might have been used or refurbished. Regardless, it works perfectly! Oh, and now that I look back at the eBay order, it was actually $55 ...
    12-17-2018 11:14 PM
    I just received from Amazon and applied the iCarez matte screen protector. Application was dead easy... perfect, no dust, no bubbles. I don't think that it is as good as the Mr Shield matte protectors I have on all of my other devices, but iCarez is the only one selling a matte protector for the Pixelbook. Text looks crisp, but areas of solid color have a slight amount of "shimmer" to it. Not enough to be distracting, but more than a Mr Shield protector. (that effect will diminish the more I use the touchscreen)

This easily hides fingerprint smudges which had become more prevalent since I really started using the PB in "tablet mode" and there's a nice little resistance for the Google Pen which makes it feel a bit more like a pen on paper experience.
    12-23-2018 03:47 PM