HTC One (M8) GPE Order

James Cortez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone else ordered the HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition? I'm excited about this phone. Honestly, it's the most excited I've been about a phone since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 2012. Since then I've had the GS4 GPE, Nexus 5, and Moto X. This phone though I can see myself holding on to for at least 6 months. Am I the only one excited about it? Am I the only one that dropped the $720 (next day shipping) to get one?

Last edited by a moderator:

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Re: M8 GPE Order

Has anyone else ordered the HTC One (M8) Google Play Edition? I'm excited about this phone. Honestly, it's the most excited I've been about a phone since I switched from the iPhone 5 to the Nexus 4 2012. Since then I've had the GS4 GPE, Nexus 5, and Moto X. This phone though I can see myself holding on to for at least 6 months. Am I the only one excited about it? Am I the only one that dropped the $720 (next day shipping) to get one?

Nah, I'm pretty excited. I ordered one yesterday, too. I'm using a Nexus 5 right now. I love that phone, but I can't help but feel like it's slightly not premium. It isn't the cost, it just feels a hair above mid-range for me. One of the things I've that has tempted me about iOS is the premium feel and quality of their products - I feel like the One is up to that standard.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: M8 GPE Order

I haven't seen a shipping date for mine, only that it should ship in 2-3 weeks. I'm switching from a Nexus 5, too.

Ya I'm so excited finally good audio with stock android lol. My perfect device! Has anyone's shipped on here? And anyone know the hold up with these long ship dates?

Posted via Android Central App

Mike McQuaid

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Site indicates that the payment will not be processed until our orders have shipped. That being said, Google isn't shipping until April 15th. I was bummed to see that once I placed my order.

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys! Have any of your orders shipped yet!? Or even the actual charge show up on the card?

I just saw that it's "leaving the warehouse" on April 15th. So I haven't been charged yet. I was really hoping the 2-3 week delay was just an overshoot and it would really only be a week or so. Looks like it's going to be 3 weeks.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I just saw that it's "leaving the warehouse" on April 15th. So I haven't been charged yet. I was really hoping the 2-3 week delay was just an overshoot and it would really only be a week or so. Looks like it's going to be 3 weeks.

Ya same here right after I ordered it shows 4/15 but still no charge I'm hoping this week it ships! Wonder what the hold up is

James Cortez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery. It's suppose to be delivered in the next 20 minutes. I doubt I'll get it by then, but some time today for sure. Has anyone that got theres yet tested to see if the tap on trick works? I had a GPe S4 so I know that its "stock" android. But I also know that some manufacturer modifications are still baked in (Duo Camera, Boom Sound, etc.).

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Mine is out for delivery. It's suppose to be delivered in the next 20 minutes. I doubt I'll get it by then, but some time today for sure. Has anyone that got theres yet tested to see if the tap on trick works? I had a GPe S4 so I know that its "stock" android. But I also know that some manufacturer modifications are still baked in (Duo Camera, Boom Sound, etc.).

Using the dot view case. Works like a charm! Its pretty cool just one bad thing is holding it in one hand with the case. Feels weird! But the speakers and screen are amazing!

patrikr

Mar 14, 2011
Visit site

This. Would be great to know how many of the HTC features work with the GPe model like tap-to-wake, dual camera etc.

ramandeepghuman

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
This. Would be great to know how many of the HTC features work with the GPe model like tap-to-wake, dual camera etc.

Double tap works to wake up shut the phone off. Dual camera works also. Boom sound and also the infrared for universal remote!

James Cortez

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Double tap works to wake up shut the phone off. Dual camera works also. Boom sound and also the infrared for universal remote!

Just got mine I can confirm that all of these work as well. This is a huge jump from the GPe from last year. I'm very impressed. Loving this phone so far. The only other thing that I wish was included was the battery management. But I reckon I can do without it. By far this is my favorite phone, and I've had quite a few (Moto X, Nexus 5, Galaxy S4 GPe, Nexus 4, iPhone 5 just since Sept 2012).

Wildo6882

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site

This is AWESOME news!! Makes me even happier with my purchase now. Just wish it would get here. I ordered it as soon as it was available but haven't seen anything about shipping yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy