Hello,

I received the update through OTA and I believe my download is corrupt. I saw the files available to download and to manually install. I did some extensive research regarding updating manually. Do i need to be rooted, unlocked and s off? I also found no instructions for the htc one gpe specifically
    12-19-2014 05:27 PM
    If you mess up the update, that's about the one thing that will void an HTC warranty. Instead, try your carrier. They sent the update, so it's their responsibility to fix it if it went wrong. If they mess it up, you get a replacement phone. (If you do it and mess it up, you buy a replacement phone.)
    12-19-2014 05:46 PM
    Yes, you'll need S-OFF in order to run the latest RUU zip on your device.

Here is the thread: [RUU] M8 Google Edition Conversion. 5.0.1 - … | HTC One (M8) | XDA Forums

This thread contains the latest 5.0.1 GPE RUU zip files (either rooted or non-rooted), and there are two methods you can use to run the zip - either using fastboot or by placing it in your external SD card and renaming it 0p6bimg.zip then booting into HBOOT.

I am not sure why the second option actually requires S-OFF, but either way that's what it says on the thread.

Good luck to you.

EDIT: I doubt HTC will care much if your device is S-OFF or S-ON, so I don't think it will truly void your warranty. I've seen many, many cases since the M7 days where people with S-OFF devices were able to utilize their warranty just fine - it all really comes down to being rooted and having an unlocked bootloader (which does void the warranty unless you have a Developer Edition HTC).
    12-19-2014 08:01 PM
    Did s-off with sunshine and did ruu with rooted 5.01. Works great!!'

Posted via the Android Central App
    01-02-2015 03:40 AM