Lollipop 5.1 Update? Resolves Issues?

jscherber

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Igor if I had known about the problems I was going to encounter with Lollipop I never in a million years would have upgraded. I'm pissed that Google has, for all intents and purposes, had me beta testing there OS for months. I'll never do it again and if 5.1 doesn't correct the issues, I see an iPhone 6 in my future.

mlhifi

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site
I feel the same. My One M8 is just under 3 weeks old and, if I'm stuck with Android 5.0.1 for the 2 year contract, I can see plenty of trouble ahead for my provider!
I would NEVER had allowed the update from v4.4.4 if I'd have known what a crap update Lollipop is! And why only the GPe models get the update 5.1?
iPhone6 is on my radar too!

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I found that a Factory Reset on both my Nexus 7 2013 (5.0.2) and on my HTC One M8 GPe (5.0.1) really helped to stabilize performance on both devices.

The one other major problem I encountered on the HTC One was due to a setting on the MX Player app, and stability has been pretty good since I changed the setting. Not quite as good as 4.4.4 was, though, I still get a recurring spontaneous reboot every 10th day, so I've been forcing a reboot on the 9th day to avoid them. I'm hopeful that 5.1 will help with that last remaining issue for me. Battery drain has been better than ever with 5.0.1

jscherber

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
I'm getting crazy slowdowns I believe caused by memory leaks and black screens intermittently when I use the home button. I have to reboot at least daily. I'd be tickled if I could go 10 whole days without issue.

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I know it's miserable when you can't isolate the source of the problem. I was always reluctant to do a Factory Data Reset, but I became a believer following the update,on both of my devices

I was surprised to see how much less painless that operation is now, especially that it restored all of my home screen settings, widgets and app groups automatically. It's still a bit of work, but much improved, and it might help your problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I use MX Player also. What setting did you change?

The problem I encountered after updating the phone to 5.0.1 was that playing H.264 surveillance cameras files, using the DS Cam app with MX Player, consistently took over 30 seconds to start playing back. I was able to resolve it by clearing the "Use H/W Decoder" setting in MX Player.

boziumtrip

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
As far as speed and battery life 5.1 is fantastic. I only have two issues one is I have to toggle wifi occasionally and my email clients on auto sync sometimes. With auto-sync off haven't had the problem.