Play Music Store in Wrong Language

wcndave

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
https://play.google.com/store/music

This come up in Italian. Not only that, but it shows Italian music, Italian charts etc... stuff in which I really have no interest at all.

My Google settings and my chrome browser settings are all UK English, however I am living in Italy.

Is there any way to override the auto detect regional settings for music store?

Thanks

Dave

wcndave

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
Afraid not, as you can see from the image, I tried that URL, and am logged into google with the google menus in English correctly.

I hate auto region detect with no override. There are lots of expats in the world, this part of Italy speaks German, more people speak non-English as first language in London than English etc...

let us choose!!

google-play-language.jpg

cryofy

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
You're right, tried it myself and not one of the method works :-(.

There's also a footer on the play site, where you can adjust the language, the content itself is not localized though:

Don't know the details, but the content the play store will show you, seems to be bound to the country your ip is from.
So the only way to circumvent this is probably to use a proxy from a country you'd like to see the play store localized in.

Maybe someone else had this problem before, and knows an easier solution...

wcndave

Mar 5, 2013
Visit site
I could use a proxy, but that does not help generally, and for other non-tech users. Language and region on websites is really really pants. when I google, i always get google.it no matter what i set my search engines to, or language or settings. I bought Norton through UK site in English, and get weekly emails in Italian, I get weekly paypal emails in Italian, which i have not clue are important or not, when I have registered in English on UK site...

It is really very bad that you cannot choose, that sometimes you can but it does nothing, and that sites that DO let you choose often fail to separate Language from Region.

E.g. I need to have my Apple account in Italy, cos the purchasing licences are based on where you are, however I need language in English... most sites that let you select region tie the two together...

The web is international, sites need to catch up to this, hope google can lead the way ;-)

/rant

:D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Unknown