Dropbox trying to update outside of google play?!?!?!?

rahlquist

Aug 24, 2010
Visit site
Ok I thought Google put their foot down on this when Facebook tried it. For the last couple days if I open the Dropbox app on my phone its telling me that it has an update. I keep declining and checking the Google Play store for a new version and don't see it. Anyone else seeing this? This is on my S4, is it because its a pre-installed or system app?

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Ok I thought Google put their foot down on this when Facebook tried it. For the last couple days if I open the Dropbox app on my phone its telling me that it has an update. I keep declining and checking the Google Play store for a new version and don't see it. Anyone else seeing this? This is on my S4, is it because its a pre-installed or system app?

Definitely makes me nervous.

Arutela AD

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
The same thing is happening to me for a couple of days. Is this a real update of Dropbox? Why doesn't it use Google Play to spread this update? There must be more guys facing the problem as Dropbox has so many users. See you!

jparker71

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
When I clicked it I got this message in a pop up box:

"Help us test new features. You'll be prompted when experimental updates are available. These updates may not be stable. "

Posted via Android Central App

Somdk

Jun 16, 2013
Visit site
When I clicked it I got this message in a pop up box:

"Help us test new features. You'll be prompted when experimental updates are available. These updates may not be stable. "

Yes, that might be the cause. Uncheck that option, as in, you do not want the early test release version it. That should do it.

Google Play lists only the tested and Google sanctioned versions. The ones under development cannot thus be distributed through Google Play.

Hope this solves the problem.

On GT-N7100 with AC Forums mobile app

danlisle

May 16, 2013
Visit site
just so you know, I've had this checked and have been recieving these updates without any problems.

I could imagine this could be quite a nasty thing that people could exploit. I think I've just convinced myself to uncheck it and just wait for the Google updates

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy