Since update, "My Apps" Shows Every App I've Ever Downloaded, Insead of What's On my Phone?

sarasotatim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Since update, "My Apps" Shows Every App I've Ever Downloaded, Insead of What's On my Phone?

Like the title says....anyone know why this has been happening? Months ago, the "My Apps" list in the Google Play store showed what was on my phone at that time, and on the website, there was a bigger "master" list of apps I've had at one point or another.

During an update within the last 2 or 3 months, it now shows ALL apps for "My Apps"...And EVERY app on that list says "Installed", when the majority aren't installed at all.....which means, you no longer have a way of looking at Google Play and seeing what apps you have on your phone at that moment.

Anyone else have an idea of what happened? Is that intentional?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Since update, "My Apps" Shows Every App I've Ever Downloaded, Insead of What's On my Phone?

Like the title says....anyone know why this has been happening? Months ago, the "My Apps" list in the Google Play store showed what was on my phone at that time, and on the website, there was a bigger "master" list of apps I've had at one point or another.

During an update within the last 2 or 3 months, it now shows ALL apps for "My Apps"...And EVERY app on that list says "Installed", when the majority aren't installed at all.....which means, you no longer have a way of looking at Google Play and seeing what apps you have on your phone at that moment.

Anyone else have an idea of what happened? Is that intentional?

Not happening with me on my S3. You can try to clear Play's cache in Settings>Application>Play. Click force stop when done, wait a few seconds, and reopen Play. See if that helps.

sarasotatim

Jan 8, 2013
Visit site
Re: Since update, "My Apps" Shows Every App I've Ever Downloaded, Insead of What's On my Phone?

Sorry, I meant on the desktop version...no problem on my phone, I'm meaning when I'm browsing Google Play on a desktop browser...the content is quite different.

Not happening with me on my S3. You can try to clear Play's cache in Settings>Application>Play. Click force stop when done, wait a few seconds, and reopen Play. See if that helps.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site

Sorry, I meant on the desktop version...no problem on my phone, I'm meaning when I'm browsing Google Play on a desktop browser...the content is quite different.

No sweat. Happening with me too. Might email Google about it.

anon(4681724)

May 27, 2013
Visit site

Don't waste your time contacting Google. There are a lot of complaints around the internet about this issue. Its Google's new user interface. It no longer allows you to distinguish the difference between the apps downloaded on your phone and those you downloaded but not (or uninstalled from) your phone. The new web UI also removed the ability to see which apps were recently updated--or need to be updated. The only way to know is to use the app on your phone. It's my understanding that Google plans to eventually mimic the web version into its phone app too. If that's the case, I'm seriously going to rethink my support for Android. It's already a pain having to try and get OS version updates from them (& carrier) and now having to deal with a lousy UI.