How to retrieve Play Store apps, from a previous (deleted) account??

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Guys,

I have a problem here, and hopefully someone can help me out...
Recently I decided to create a new Google account, and use my personal email address for it (since it looks much better than those silly gmail-accounts).

- But, I made a HUGE mistake... I forgot to save my Google Play Store purchases, before I deleted my original Google account.
And now on my new account my Play Store is completely empty!!
Is there any way to restore the old purchases I had with my old account??
(I still have all the apps installed on my phone, so hopefully there's a way to sync)

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you're able to do that, unfortunately. Here's from a product forum at Google's...
drskahaggus - I received a response on this, there isnt a way to transfer paid apps from one account to another. A "workaround" is to keep your old account synced to your device. Even if you use a different primary account you can still connect your old account to your device so you wont lose the paid apps. I do not know if this is a feature that will be added at a later time (if ever) but for the time being the apps you paid for are connected to the account used when they were purchased.

Google Groups

Now, if you already cancelled your account, that's not really an option for you :( Can you get the account back, maybe? (Like try to get the same gMail account again). Also, you could contact EACH DEV, explain the situation, provide the right credentials, and have them 'transfer' your license to your new account.

Dx3me

May 5, 2013
Visit site
Strange thing;
As I said in the first post, all the apps are still installed on my phone.
When I go to my Play Store, nothing shows up in my purchased-section, however when browsing for individual apps (that I already installed), the app store does say that they have already been paid for...
So hopefully, whenever there's an app-update, that specific app will turn up again??
(as for some reason, the store does recognize the apps I already paid for... despite not showing up by default)

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
So, you're using the same account in your Play Store as the one you deleted, or you're already using the new one? The apps won't go away from your phone, but they wouldn't show up in your account if it's a different one than the one you used to purchase them. You could try to delete the Play Store data and cache, thus forcing it to reload your list at startup (this may take a few minutes).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89