Where is google play store gettings it's information about me from? I have...

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
2 gmail accounts but neither of them have my song choices. My music i purchase through amazon on which i do not use my gmails. And yet they are suggesting music specifically my likes, "people who listen to _____ listen to ____. Where is that coming from?

They also know my favorite politicians, are they getting that from my emails?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Since your phone is connected to your Google account, it likely gets any information from Google searches you do on your desktop/laptop, assuming you're also logged into your Google account there. And are you saying you don't have any music on Google Play Music, or any music locally stored on your phone? Because Google Play will know that as well.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Since your phone is connected to your Google account, it likely gets any information from Google searches you do on your desktop/laptop, assuming you're also logged into your Google account there. And are you saying you don't have any music on Google Play Music, or any music locally stored on your phone? Because Google Play will know that as well.

hmmm. Yup. No music locally stored and i haven't even touched google play music. haven't even listened to pandora on this phone. I also use firefox as my browser, but in either case i don't think i've googled my favorite muscians either. and i haven't facebooked, so fb isn't sending it to them. Oh this is just shady. :(. The most i can think of is Amazon apps, i just downloaded some free amazon apps, so in doing that they must have sold my music purchase information to google?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do you listen to your Amazon music on your phone? I would guess that Google would be able to get info that way as well.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
Do you listen to your Amazon music on your phone? I would guess that Google would be able to get info that way as well.

haven't yet. I'm on a loaner phone that i've had for 2 weeks. haven't listened to a stitch of music on it. And it's only on this phone that i've signed up for anything related to anything google play/android.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
It has to be the getting the information from when i downloaded an android app from amazon. That was a few days ago, and now they're mentioning on google play 2 bands i've purchased on amazon. I don't purchase heaps, but they definitely have my number on deftones and erasure. or youtube maybe told them. oh, they have my number on what i read as well, must be amazon. Those weasely f'ers.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
oh, AND youtube, they mention they know what i watch on youtube. and that *is* my google email addy, of course.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I really don't know for sure, but maybe it has to do with some information sharing between either Amazon and Google, or possibly between different software responsible for personalized ads like AdMob.

Paisley

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I really don't know for sure, but maybe it has to do with some information sharing between either Amazon and Google, or possibly between different software responsible for personalized ads like AdMob.

Yeah, i think it's amazon sharing with google. and i think it all started when i d/l android apps. I have a 'don't follow me' software on my computer so it's def. transferred information as opposed to cookies, etc.

hpmini2009

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Google is tracking. I disabled most of Google apps.. Also Samsung has a mobile tracker on S4 Active that always comes back after disabling after every battery recharge. Never had this memory drain on iphone 4.

hpmini2009

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Apple must have been tracking you as well. If you want to remain completely untrackable, invisible, anonymous, you might as well completely unplug from any connected technology.