Newbie question on Play Store and saving apps

morph000

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Heh well... 3 weeks after buying my Note 2 and I know it pretty much back to front and inside out and have rooted it, backed up, and installed 2 dozen free apps from non-Play Store sources, so all coming along well !!
What I'd like to know though is (and note I've never used Google Play Store):

1. If one buys an app from Google Play Store, the store installs it to your phone, BUT...I really don't like that concept ! ("Tough luck, man up !" - I can hear everyone say now. LOL)
For any M$ Windows software purchase you can always get the installer AND the license key, which is essential for any future reinstalls.
ALL my existing apps are on my pc and it's a simple matter to wifi them across to the Note 2 if need be.
So, the question is - how can I save the installer APK and the license ? APK Extractor perhaps ? Anyone used it ?

2. Does buying an app from the store automatically install the registered or PRO version, as the case may be, of an app so no license key is required or what ?

Bottom line - I want to buy some PRO version apps but I want the installer and licenses saved on my pc NOT just on the Note 2.
Yes, I can always supposedly login to Play Store and get them again if need be but I don't like that concept much either.

Input please !

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
The means and methods in which Google Play Store, Amazon and Get Jar which we support of buying and installing applications is done for a reason. It insures the developer gets their recognition and fee for their time and efforts along with providing a safe and controlled environment to obtain the applications.

We do not approve of any discussion regarding extracting licensing keys or code for paid applications.

Paul
Forums Moderator

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney