samsung Kies Air

andy32901

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have been looking for Samsung Kies Air app. Samsung says it is on the Google Play Store but when I go to look for it its not there. Does anybody know where I can find it. I want to use it to upload my photos to my pc over wi-fi. If I keep using my usb cord I'm afraid the rubber plug on my s4 active will break off.

andy32901

andy32901

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I am new at this, only had the phone a week. I just went back to the google play store and tried searching again for Kies Air and it did not come up. What should I try searching for? Or can you link to it somehow. Thanks
andy32901

andy32901

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I cannot find Kies Air. I think what I am looking for as I look around is called a wifi transfer app or FTP server app. Does anyone use any of these? I want to transfer files and photos between phone and pc. I just want to save the wear and tear on my mini usb port, plugging in the charger puts enough wear on it. Which is the best app for my Needs?

Andy32901

panda55

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi Andy, have you managed to find the Kies air app since your last post? I still cannot find it in play store and the link above doesn't work? thanks

Henry Porter

Mar 1, 2014
Visit site
Kies Air stopped working for me when Android 4.4.3 was pushed down onto my Galaxy S4 close as I can figure. Now Kies Air has disappeared from Google Play Store and Samsung's web site. I am majorly bummed. Have found no acceptable replacement yet.

thebigbry

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
I just found it but haven't tried to see if it still works.

If you had kies before and haven't cleared your Google account. Go to play store, select my apps, go to all, this should be a list of every app you've downloaded before. scroll until you find it.

Hi Andy, have you managed to find the Kies air app since your last post? I still cannot find it in play store and the link above doesn't work? thanks

The_Bros

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
have my S4 since December and about a week ago started receiving messages to go to the play store for kies; as above, it's not there as of today, either. nor any samsung announcements noted. continuous use of the USB cord to run PdaNet and tether my laptop has resulted in some weardown, a concern Andy started off the thread with. it's gotten loose and breaks in connectivity seem to trigger the messages, which are now redundant. any light to shed on the missing kies, which I thought to try anyway, appreciated.

or suggestions on how best to preserve the USB cord which I now see needs addressing. which may be elsewhere here.

moalta

May 5, 2014
Visit site
Very wierd. Have new Galaxy S3 and get advice from Samsung about use and value of Kies Air from Play Store. It is definitely not there! Those that insist it is must have some magical wand the rest of us don't.

Xnerdz

May 14, 2014
Visit site
Kies is NOT in the play store. I bought a s5 two weeks ago and it didn't come with Kies Air pre-installed. Now, I have no clue how to get this working with wifi and I don't wanna have to download some third party apps to do so.

Gloria Brooks

May 30, 2014
Visit site
download.cnet.com/*Kies*-*Air*/3000-2196...
download from this link works great takes you right to google play and i just downloaded kies air drom there

Kies is NOT in the play store. I bought a s5 two weeks ago and it didn't come with Kies Air pre-installed. Now, I have no clue how to get this working with wifi and I don't wanna have to download some third party apps to do so.

Steve West

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I bought wifi transfer pro for 88pence

It seems to work fine for me and transferring music on to my phone. takes a little getting used to as with all things and it seems to work very quickly.

Kies does not work with the new S5, i have spent hours on it and it will not work. I have updated it and followed all the instructions on line and finally gave up.

I will say this for Apply - itunes did work when you got used to it. I wish windows media player synced but I cannot get that to work with the S5 either. Harrumph!!:mad:

This might help
https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ort%2Fusefulsoftware%2FKIES%2F&token=iRyck-c1

EmmyLou82

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
According to the specs Kies Air is only available for Android 2.2 - 4.1

This might be why we can no longer access it. I am yet to find it's replacement for os higher than 4.1
I am running 4.3 ... will update if I find anything.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-09-21-25-46.png
    Screenshot_2014-06-09-21-25-46.png
    252.7 KB · Views: 22

Gary Stainburn

Jul 17, 2014
Visit site
I used to use Kies Air on my S2 wit no problems.
Yesterday I bought an S5 and had to upgrade my S2 in order to get Samsung Smart Switch Mobile to transfer everything over at which point I lost Kies Air on my S2. In the process I lost many of the settings I wanted to transfer as well as my appearance, home screens etc. I wasn't a happy bunny.
Samsung Smart Switch ain't that smart either, as it didn't transfer over any of my accounts, my apps and lots of other stuff.

Anyway, now I'm in the position of having two phones with out Kies Air. I finally found this thread online and used the link provided above.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...ung.swift.app.kiesair&hl=en_GB&token=9N-Iw9cR

and opened it using Google Play. On the S5 it worked perfectly and I now have a working Kies Air
On the S2 I got the error message "Application cannot be installed in the default installation location" and I can't get any further.

rcpwisc

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
Hi everybody - I'm an Android newbie, coming from the iPhone. I, too, am trying to get Kies Air to work, and looking at the post above, it was written on July 17th, 2014 (5 days ago). I tried following the Google Play! link that Gary provided, and the item is not found. I also did a search for Kies Air in Google Play!, and there was no match.

Is there another place to download this app to enable wifi syncing? I'm a heavy Outlook user, and would rather not use a 3rd party app to sync with Outlook unless I have to. I can connect the phone and sync with USB, though.

Thanks for the help!

Robert Ryan III

Aug 2, 2014
Visit site
From my understanding and the emails I have received from Samsung, Kies is being discontinued. If this is the same application as Kies I've used on my Samsung PC and Samsung tv phone etc.

JoeKiv

May 1, 2014
Visit site
I recently used Odin to update my GS3 to Kit Kat. I still have Kies Air on my phone and it works, however, when I open up Kies on my Desktop I get a message that states that Samsung has "Revoked the Security Certificate" and it won't show my PC's Folders or Files. I can see/access the files on the phone, but there is no way to transfer anything between the PC and Phone. So don't waste time looking for KiesAir because it is now useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz