Question about downloading games to new device

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
So here is my question I used my Nexus 5 got a game and paid 44.00 for an in app purchase so why is it that when i changed my device to the HTC One M8 i went to my apps and downloaded the game and now i have to pay again for the same update is this play store that archaic that it doesn't know when you paid for something or is this something that i need to take up with the developer? Thanks...

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
So here is my question I used my Nexus 5 got a game and paid 44.00 for an in app purchase so why is it that when i changed my device to the HTC One M8 i went to my apps and downloaded the game and now i have to pay again for the same update is this play store that archaic that it doesn't know when you paid for something or is this something that i need to take up with the developer? Thanks...

If you paid for this update it should link to the account, and I assume you've logged in under the same account? I would assume you need to log into this game under a profile, so here is what I would suggest: 1- ensure that the settings on both phones are set to 'keep this phone backed up with Google' and then go to wallet.google.com (Or whatever their receipt address is), find the purchase and contact the developer like so- Google isn't responsible for the content purchase in games etc, they only host the apps.

nokia4life

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Then the in-purchase should sync. I stand by what I say, get the receipt information and follow up the dev.

Posted via Android Central App

Okay looks like you can't do it maybe in other games with in app purchase but not this one see the attached I am out of 44.00 bucks
a8yqy6e2.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
That's really not a good policy- where there any warnings when purchasing, or on the apps description!? I fail to see how they cannot just reinstate your added content....I would follow this up

HTC One M7

taife32

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Do what Michael advises, contact the developer of that game. The in app purchase is the developers thing and games usually honor it whenever you log in.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

Michael Nancarrow

May 19, 2014
Visit site
Do what Michael advises, contact the developer of that game. The in app purchase is the developers thing and games usually honor it whenever you log in.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk

I have just re-read the message the devs have sent back- 'they do not have the resources to offer syncing between devices'. That's rubbish. If they are able to activate the product on the first device, theoretically they could do the same again. I mean, it is tied to the account right? That's like saying I bought $250.00 worth of apps, and give my phone away. Do the apps remain on the phone? No. I think the devs here are just trying to avoid the issue.

Nokia4life, I think you need to be more aggressive in your approach or they are just going to take your money. They OWE you this, as you have PURCHASED this.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2