Hi, I have encountered an issue lately. The google playstore page asking me to download an app will automatically appear on my screen under the following circumstances:

1. when i unlock my phone to check my messages.
    2. in the midst of browsing through an apps.
    3. just when i wanted to open an app (for eg: Pinterest) and then I will be automatically directed to google playstore.

I am currently holding on a Samsung note 3.

Thank you!
    05-13-2015 10:53 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Something you installed probably also carried some adware. You may have to uninstall apps one by one until the behavior goes away. Alternatively, you could do a factory reset, then reinstall apps one by one slowly, watching for this behavior to recur.
    05-14-2015 01:06 AM
    I fixed this by going to my Settings>application manager, scroll over to 'all', then scroll down (alphabeticaly) & find Play Store & Google Play, and uncheck the box for 'show notification'. There's one caveat to this, you will occasionally need to manually go to Play Store and see which of your apps need updating. I began having this same problem after the lollipop update. I haven't tried to see if the boxes can be rechecked, & still not lob you into playstore randomly. Maybe when I get 5.01. Good luck, I hope it works for you, too. :/
    05-14-2015 01:19 AM