I usually want my battery to be full or close to full by certain times, especially right before I leave work. I know that to achieve this I can/should just leave it plugged in all the time, but I've had smartphones long enough that it's ingrained in me that this is "bad". That plus my general flakiness means I'm not great at the habit. Plus, my charging isn't wireless, so it's inconvenient to plug and unplug a lot, etc.

So instead of my just plugging it in always like a normal person, it occurred to me that the phone has all the information necessary for an app that would do what this thread title requests. When the phone is unplugged, it estimates remaining battery life, and when it's plugged, it estimates time to full battery. A simple app should be able to combine these facts to determine when I should plug in.

Google search after search has turned up nothing, and every battery app in the Play Store just has reminders based on how much the battery has drained, not "future-oriented" reminders like I'm picturing. Am I the only person to ever want this? I have a bit of Android development experience; do I have to make this myself?
    06-22-2015 09:41 AM
    Actually, the phone DOESN'T have all the necessary information. The big one missing is the capability of the charger, unless the phone is plugged in and make that determination. While a 1.5A charger will charge the device, it won't do it as quick as a 2A charger will. Devices that support Quick Charge add a whole other level of complexity to that. The app your propose wouldn't know what charger you intend to plug in so it can't make an accurate suggestion.
    06-22-2015 09:48 AM
    Couldn't it estimate an average from past charger times, using the presumption that I don't change chargers? It doesn't necessarily have to function instantly, it could take time to "learn" first.
    06-22-2015 11:34 AM