How do I stop the Play Store from randomly opening to games?

PERSEY6930

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
How do I stop the play store from randomly opening to games..

I have been an IPhone user for many years. I recently made the switch and bought a Galaxy S6. I love the phone BUT.. I am sick of the google play store randomly opening to games.. I also get pop ups saying my phone could be infected with a virus.. blah blah.. Like I said I am new to android and still trying to figure out the features on the phone.. I never had any of these issues with my IPhone and I am pretty FED UP!!.. I have tried to walk through some steps I have read to get this to stop!! Wondering if I should reset my phone to factory settings and start over?? Any suggestions??

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: How do I stop the play store from randomly opening to games..

You are probably clicking on game ads, which explains the opening of the play store to download the app. Same goes for the virus alerts. Those are likely ads trying to get you to download apps, so be careful with those as well.

Fwhipple1972

Apr 20, 2017
Visit site
I'm having the same issue with play store opening when I wake up my phone and restart it. It opens to random apps for me to download. It started after I installed a free and paid version of BK Package Disabler. They are both uninstalled plus I have been reimbursed. Google removed the paid version after I was reimbursed.
My phone is still effected.
Can someone help fix this issue? I have a Galaxy S7.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995