Since last weekend I cannot update apps that are moved to the sd card. Why?

A

AC Question

since last weekend I cannot update apps that are moved to the sd card.

If there was an update for an app that I moved to the SD card, the update went fine, but the app was moved to the phones main memory and I had to move it to the sdcard again.
Since last weekend I cannot update apps that are moved to the sd card at all!
The app update downloads several times and then I see the announcement that the update fails.
If I move the app to phone memory and then update, everything works fine. But that means that I have to move the app, update and move again.
If I download the .apk without installing using an app google does not like (APK dowloader; not in the store anymore) and start the apk from f.i. the dowload dir, the installation is working fine too; even better as normal, the app stays on the sd card instead of moving automatically back to the phone memory. But that also means a lot of extra work.
I think there is something wrong with Google Play Store.
Anybody????
(sorry for mistakes in English, not my native language)

BTW. Where can I read answers, if any? (email address removed by Moderator)

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: since last weekend I cannot update apps that are moved to the sd card.

Mod Note, email removed by Moderator. Please do not post your email address on this public forum. As for notification, you should get an email notification when someone responds.

Avidity

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this exact same issue (found this thread using a Google search). Not sure what is up but hopefully someone knows why it's changed.

mgssrs

Feb 28, 2015
Visit site
Re: since last weekend I cannot update apps that are moved to the sd card.

Same here. Some apps move back to phone storage then update and some I had to uninstall then reinstall to get them to update.

Posted via the Android Central App