Will not having phone service cause issues with my Google Play Store?

A

AC Question

Will not having phone service cause issues with google play store?

I have even factory reset the phone, I was getting used to customizing it adding the programs I used, or tried to anyways, whenever I type certain letters (p, s), it instantly stops, saying google play store has unfortunately stopped. I have tried everything and last resort was to factory reset and that did nothing. My question is, wasn't planning on getting the phone serviced for a few days, will service on the phone solve this issue, I obviously had wifi, so do have some sort of connection. Thanks for the help, I have wasted way to much time on this today.

jsh187

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site
Re: Will not having phone service cause issues with google play store?

I have a lg g4 sorry for not mentioning that beforehand. I have updated the play service app, well the one it asks you to update, also have cleared/deleted data/caches all for not.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

You have to clear the cache and data for all of your Google products, or maybe just Google play services, either way then go online and search Google Play Services apk download. I'm not sure how many places you can find this but the one I found had at least 4 versions. Pick the up to date version for your OS version, download and install it. That took care of the issue for me. I did it on a tab that was pretty much paralyzed by popups that Google Play Services had stopped...

jsh187

Jul 20, 2016
Visit site

I did that, downloaded a different apk, still same thing, guess I never tried google speak and that I guess let me get Pandora, this is still very upsetting to say the least. I have spent hours getting nowhere.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site

Did it successfully install? Only the version for your device will successfully install and if not then you have to try another version. A quick Google of, unfortunately Google.... Will show you several step by step guides to how to fix this and the guide will have links to everything you need. Usually.