Google+ Tips and Tricks (Ask/Answer)

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Lets use this thread to spread the knowledge about Google+' in's and out's. I'm not in yet (though i wish I was) but I thought this would be a good break from the monotony that is the Invite threads, LOL! Please continue to post all kinds of tip/tricks/workarounds for our new favorite social network! So I'll start by asking a question:

Q: Is there a way to create a circle using a Group you already have set up in Gmail? I have several groups set up in Gmail that I hope I can just bring over to G+. Those groups are rather large and I'd hate to have to set them up again.

EDIT: I'm in now and loving it. Totally replaces Twitter. I can't speak for Facebook because I never had a page on FB.

Last edited:

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I've got a question: Using the mobile app, how do you sign out?

I looked at the "help" section and it says you can sign out from the Google+ home screen after selecting "menu" but I'm not seeing it.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site
Please invite me please Tylerjones48 @ gmail.com

Sent from my Evo 3D!

Dude this isn't the section for request. There are plenty of other thread for invites. We should try to keep this thread clean for Q/A & Tips/Tricks.

Q. Sending an invite just adding someone to a circle? Going to try to get the wife an invite.
Edit: Figured it out.

Last edited:
Reactions: LR7

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got a question: Using the mobile app, how do you sign out?

I looked at the "help" section and it says you can sign out from the Google+ home screen after selecting "menu" but I'm not seeing it.

I think its like Gmail, there's no way to "sign out". You can unsync notifications though.

Dude this isn't the section for request. There are plenty of other thread for invites. We should try to keep this thread clean for Q/A & Tips/Tricks.

+1 (ha). There are several other threads for invites, lets keep this one for Q&A.

Reactions: LR7

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It's not quite like that because I signed into the Google+ app with an email account that is not linked to my EVO. I did unsync notifications hoping that it would break the link in Google+ but it kept on chuggin'.

I just uninstalled the Google+ app from my EVO and said the heck with it.

I guess that's why they call it 'beta'.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
It's not quite like that because I signed into the Google+ app with an email account that is not linked to my EVO. I did unsync notifications hoping that it would break the link in Google+ but it kept on chuggin'.

I just uninstalled the Google+ app from my EVO and said the heck with it.

I guess that's why they call it 'beta'.

Maybe add the account to your Evo and just unsync everything else? Haven't heard of what it does with multiple accounts.

Cowchip

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I guess I wasn't clear. The email account was on my EVO, but it wasn't the primary email account that the EVO is registered with. After selecting which email account I wanted to use in G+ it doesn't appear that you can change it...at this time anyway.

According to the mobile help you should be able to go to settings under menu and select "log out". That option doesn't exist. Just wanted to check to see if I was blind or what.

Chalk it up to being a beta guinea pig.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
I guess I wasn't clear. The email account was on my EVO, but it wasn't the primary email account that the EVO is registered with. After selecting which email account I wanted to use in G+ it doesn't appear that you can change it...at this time anyway.

According to the mobile help you should be able to go to settings under menu and select "log out". That option doesn't exist. Just wanted to check to see if I was blind or what.

Chalk it up to being a beta guinea pig.

Ah, I see. That's annoying. Send them feedback and it should get fixed.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
With the mobile app, does it sort anyone else's post weird. Not the moat recent one first ?

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
But it isn't showing it that way. It is.just randomly like the first one is from yesterday

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

eze036

Jul 21, 2010
Visit site
i just got invited so when i click on the invite it says google + is at capacity try again later...anyone get this error??

Austineasleyinfo

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
i just got invited so when i click on the invite it says google + is at capacity try again later...anyone get this error??

You have to wait till they open it back up again. Either watch the android related twitter accounts, or check back periodically. It seems like they're opening it up around 1pm est though, at least the last couple days.

Anyone know how to edit the name of a photo album? I can't find it anywhere.

Asterdroid

Fanboi
May 10, 2011
Visit site
And now a question of my own. Is there any way to merge contacts from within google+? I've got all my contacts merged in my gmail contacts, but for some reason that isn't translating to google+.

rabernet

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
And now a question of my own. Is there any way to merge contacts from within google+? I've got all my contacts merged in my gmail contacts, but for some reason that isn't translating to google+.
I'm in now - but not sure how you send invites? I saw someone asked, then edited that they figured it out, but it didn't tell how.

Nchaka

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm in now - but not sure how you send invites? I saw someone asked, then edited that they figured it out, but it didn't tell how.
Check the right side of your stream under "get google+ for your mobile device" it disappears from time to time. but it should be there now.

Ronindan

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site

I don't think so. So far I tried to that in both the web and mobile app.

SmokeCrawler

Jul 23, 2010
Visit site

I seen where it said send an invite on the right side of the screen. I guess that is the only way of doing it as it was my first invite.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae