08-01-2011 01:16 PM
55 123
tools
    Q: Does anyone know how to change your profile pictures via the google plus app?

Swyped from my Droid using Tapatalk.
    I don't think you can at least I haven't found this option haha I would really like that too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    07-08-2011 07:02 PM
    I don't think you can at least I haven't found this option haha I would really like that too

yea i mean the pic is based on your google profile really so you got to change it out that way...would be nice though
    07-08-2011 07:05 PM
    Anyone that asks for an invite in this thread, or any other besides the sticky, shouldn't be surprised if it just vanishes.
    LR7 and ls377 like this.
    07-09-2011 01:26 AM
    I'm having an issue with the mobile app. From the streams page it says I have no one in my circles, but on the circles page every one is there.

Anyone else seen this yet? I already submitted the problem.
    07-09-2011 01:36 AM
    When I look at my profile > about on the android app, it shows an old email address from an old job. It is not on the browser profile > about, and it is not under my contact info in gmail.

Also, on my phone, my wife's profile > about shows her email address misspelled, but it is correct on her profile and in my contact list.

Does anyone know where it is getting the about info for the phone app, because it does not match the info from the browser about page?
    07-09-2011 01:42 AM
    Quick question/need some clarity on the "invite tab". I had this option yesterday and only had a chance to send an invite to 2 people. I logged back on this morning and the tab is gone. I read that other people has had this happen where it randomly disappears but does it come back? Thanks in advance.
    -Steve
    07-09-2011 06:45 AM
    Quick question/need some clarity on the "invite tab". I had this option yesterday and only had a chance to send an invite to 2 people. I logged back on this morning and the tab is gone. I read that other people has had this happen where it randomly disappears but does it come back? Thanks in advance.
    -Steve
    I would assume Google turned invites off for the time being. It will return in time.
    07-09-2011 08:39 AM
    Does anyone else havr problems adding people from the mobile. I try and type in email addresses and it doesn't show anything.

07-09-2011 09:13 AM
    Q: Is there a way to create a circle using a Group you already have set up in Gmail? I have several groups set up in Gmail that I hope I can just bring over to G+. Those groups are rather large and I'd hate to have to set them up again.
    07-09-2011 09:22 AM
    I would assume Google turned invites off for the time being. It will return in time.
    yea it just seems to randomly appear and disappear, it just came back up so i fired a few off
    07-09-2011 11:57 AM
    Is there any way to sort your stream? Ive look all over but cannot find it. To sort it by date or most recent post, or by most +1s or most re-shared, etc., instead of the default? Has anyone found a way to do this?
    07-09-2011 12:17 PM
    Q: Can you only log into the android app with a gmail acct? A friend signed up with his yahoo, and he said it wouldn't let him log into the app with it, only gave him the option for his gmail.
    07-09-2011 01:13 PM
    Q: Can you only log into the android app with a gmail acct? A friend signed up with his yahoo, and he said it wouldn't let him log into the app with it, only gave him the option for his gmail.
    I'm pretty sure you need a gmail for Google+ anyway, which is why you need one for the app.
    07-09-2011 02:40 PM
    What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
    by the way I love it so far!!!
    07-09-2011 08:28 PM
    What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
    another thing... is the stream suppose to stream?? I get notifications and I have to reload the damn page...
    07-09-2011 11:31 PM
    I have my Android phone connected to my Google Apps account which doesn't support Plus (sigh). I have another Gmail account that I'm using for Google Plus but it's not on the Phone. How can I login to the Android Google Plus app using that Gmail account? What does that do to the other Google services on the phone?
    07-10-2011 08:33 PM
    How do you delete huddle conversations?
    07-12-2011 03:21 AM
    Lots of asking (which is good) and less answering...Let's hope Google can open up the floodgates again and send out more invites!!!
    07-12-2011 08:16 AM
    How do you delete huddle conversations?
    You don't delete them, you leave them, but you can only leave them if there are more than two people in them.
    07-12-2011 09:56 AM
    Q: Is there a way to create a circle using a Group you already have set up in Gmail? I have several groups set up in Gmail that I hope I can just bring over to G+. Those groups are rather large and I'd hate to have to set them up again.
    No.

Is there any way to sort your stream? Ive look all over but cannot find it. To sort it by date or most recent post, or by most +1s or most re-shared, etc., instead of the default? Has anyone found a way to do this?
    You can sort by Circles or Incoming. The post with the most current activity, whether a brand new post or a new comment to an existing post, will be at the top.

No. As was stated, a gmail address and google profile are both required.

No. Each email address is a separate "person" or identity.

another thing... is the stream suppose to stream?? I get notifications and I have to reload the damn page...
    Mine autorefreshes new posts but you still may have to manually act upon notifications depending on what is being notified.
    jfstx1 likes this.
    07-12-2011 10:05 AM
    With this said, is there a way to see all the associated emails for the contacts that are in G+? And where do those emails come from? Some of my contacts from Gmail are not showing up in G+...
    07-13-2011 07:47 AM
    How do I import contacts from Gmail?
    07-14-2011 07:54 AM
    How do I import contacts from Gmail?
    You don't.

The contacts in your gmail will be suggested under your Circles tab under Find and Invite if they're not yet a G+ member. If they ARE a member then you don't have to do anything other than tag them in posts or manually add them to whichever Circle(s) you want them in.
    07-14-2011 08:51 AM
    Don't know if anyone noticed this but if you start a hangout (with video cam) then close the hangout window, you can join your own hangout and see yourself twice! One big screen and one small screen! It's a very strange thing!
    07-14-2011 09:53 AM
    You don't.

The contacts in your gmail will be suggested under your Circles tab under Find and Invite if they're not yet a G+ member. If they ARE a member then you don't have to do anything other than tag them in posts or manually add them to whichever Circle(s) you want them in.
    I have specific emails (of people I contact all the time) that are definitely not showing up. It is very strange.

UPDATE: There is an "Update from address book" option on the circles page.
    07-15-2011 02:57 PM
55 123