Google+ Tips and Tricks (Ask/Answer)

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
How do i add people from the android app? I type in names and nothing ever comes back.

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

gabbott

Trusted Member
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
What happens when someone adds you to a circle, but you do not add them? Thanks.

Then they will only see your public posts and can only see any info you set specifically as public. You won't get any of their posts in your stream since you didn't add them back.

This is convenient, for example, I've added a few google employees to a circle so I can see their public posts in my stream as they have been giving updates on google+. Obviously, they have no interest in my posts so they don't need to add me.

Reactions: Jonneh

boski

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you can at least I haven't found this option haha I would really like that too

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

yea i mean the pic is based on your google profile really so you got to change it out that way...would be nice though

hellrod87

Feb 17, 2011
disrupt.fm
I'm having an issue with the mobile app. From the streams page it says I have no one in my circles, but on the circles page every one is there.

Anyone else seen this yet? I already submitted the problem.

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
When I look at my profile > about on the android app, it shows an old email address from an old job. It is not on the browser profile > about, and it is not under my contact info in gmail.

Also, on my phone, my wife's profile > about shows her email address misspelled, but it is correct on her profile and in my contact list.

Does anyone know where it is getting the about info for the phone app, because it does not match the info from the browser about page?

boski

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Quick question/need some clarity on the "invite tab". I had this option yesterday and only had a chance to send an invite to 2 people. I logged back on this morning and the tab is gone. I read that other people has had this happen where it randomly disappears but does it come back? Thanks in advance.
-Steve

WitchDoktor

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Quick question/need some clarity on the "invite tab". I had this option yesterday and only had a chance to send an invite to 2 people. I logged back on this morning and the tab is gone. I read that other people has had this happen where it randomly disappears but does it come back? Thanks in advance.
-Steve

I would assume Google turned invites off for the time being. It will return in time.

DevTin23

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone else havr problems adding people from the mobile. I try and type in email addresses and it doesn't show anything.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

LR7

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Q: Is there a way to create a circle using a Group you already have set up in Gmail? I have several groups set up in Gmail that I hope I can just bring over to G+. Those groups are rather large and I'd hate to have to set them up again.

CodyAB30

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to sort your stream? Ive look all over but cannot find it. To sort it by date or most recent post, or by most +1s or most re-shared, etc., instead of the default? Has anyone found a way to do this?

vlozano06

Dec 6, 2009
Visit site
Q: Can you only log into the android app with a gmail acct? A friend signed up with his yahoo, and he said it wouldn't let him log into the app with it, only gave him the option for his gmail.

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Q: Can you only log into the android app with a gmail acct? A friend signed up with his yahoo, and he said it wouldn't let him log into the app with it, only gave him the option for his gmail.

I'm pretty sure you need a gmail for Google+ anyway, which is why you need one for the app.

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
:D:D:D:D by the way I love it so far!!!

jfstx1

Sep 2, 2010
Visit site
What happens when my contacts have several emails and it asks me to add them to circles when I already have them added to circles? Is there away to link all emails to the same person so I don't have them in the add to circles suggestion area?
:D:D:D:D by the way I love it so far!!!
another thing... is the stream suppose to stream?? I get notifications and I have to reload the damn page...:mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC