Instant Upload

BlackHawkA4

Drop the Bag
Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Who's actually using instant upload?

I'm debating using it. I noticed all your photos for google+ are really just on/from/connected to "Picasa".

One my friends didn't realize they were put into a private album and he started deleting pictures and they came off his phone. What if you delete them from your phone? Will they stay on PIcasa/Google+ like they normally would have done with just google+.

I don't know if I'm going to do it yet. It just doesn't seem to benefit me. I back up everything on my computer and don't need all that on the web.

Plus, I don't know if this was because it was disabled:

Nexus S 4g: says SD car missing (Or whatever it actually said) and when I tried it said scanning files and never did anything for a minute.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Yes, deleting them from your phone will delete them from the Instant Upload folder in Picasa.

You have to take the pictures through the G+ app for any of this to apply. If you take a picture with just the standard camera app, then it acts however you have it setup outside of G+.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Right, instant has its own entire folder online with Picasa. I just triple checked everything before I responded to you with this post......

If I open the Google Plus app and take a photo through the app, the photo will instant upload to Picasa and also copy to the phone's stock picture gallery.

If I delete the photo from the stock picture gallery, that's all that happens. The picture just gets deleted from the phone but still stays in the online Picasa gallery.

If I delete the photo from the Google Plus gallery, THEN it gets deleted from the Instant Upload folder on Picasa and ALSO the stock phone gallery.

I hope that makes sense. It might take a few practice tries to get it all sorted out.

For me, I have like triple redundancy between Lightbox, SugarSync and Google +/Picasa, so when I get home I SHOULD have three copies in the cloud and one on my PC.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21