Photos app on phone shows Camera and Highlights only

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
I tried to send someone a picture in a text today and couldn't find the pic because I had deleted it from my phone since it was already synched with google+. In the Pictures app, my only choices are Camera or Highlights. So the one pic I wanted was from a day that was not shown. If I log into google+ pictures on my laptop tho, I can see ALL pics and it's there.

Any idea why?

I have Samsung Galaxy s5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! In the Photos app, swipe in from the left, then tap Albums. You'll see all of your Google+ cloud albums there.

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
That doesn't help. Not all the photos are there. There are more under the highlights tab. On my old Samsung Galaxy Blaze, if I want to attach a pic to a text msg, it asks if I want to find a pic using Gallery or photos. If I choose Photos, it opens the app showing All, Highlights, Videos, and Auto Awesome. However if I just open the Photos app not from a text msg, it only offers All or Highlights.

On my S5, the photos app only offers Camera or Highlights no matter if I open the app directly or from a text message.

If I do what you say, swipe left to open albums, only about 100 pictures come up in 7 albums, vs hundreds or thousands in the Highlights tab. But still, not all the pics are in the highlights tab.

It's almost as if the photos app isn't connected to google+ or something.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to System Settings>Accounts-Google>[your Google account], and make sure Google+ Photos is checked. It's a little confusing, because there's also Google Photos (without the +). Google+ Photos syncs your Google+ albums with the Photos app, while Google Photos syncs your Google+ albums with the stock Gallery app.

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
It is checked. Photos app still just shows Camera, Highlights and Auto Awesome. Why on earth is "All" offered in my old blaze but not my s5??

I did however find that I could find the image I wanted in my Gallery>Picasa. But the order of those pics are all out of whack and it seems to be missing my most recent pics.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
This is odd, because as you mentioned, it should show "All" and "Highlights" on the main screen, not "Camera" and "Highlights." Is your Google+ app updated to the most current version (4.4.0.67714770)?

LeighAngela

May 30, 2014
Visit site
Hm maybe that's it! If I go into Google+ app and click "About Google+" it says build version is 4.2.4.58179886. My old Galaxy has the most current version! How do I update it?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Open the Google Play Store app, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and see if a Google+ update is listed. If you don't see one, sometimes preinstalled Google apps don't prompt you for an update until you've actually updated it once. So search for Google+ in the Google Play Store, and see if there's an Update button on the app page.

Chris Nunno

Oct 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey folks - Same issue here. Galaxy S5 Android. The APP is updated to lastest REV and STILL no ALL photos visible.
Albums and Highlights visible. Need some real help here.

Mine also sync's to desktop chrome and photos are sync'd and visible on desktop G+ app?

Lissette Cuevas

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
Open the Google Play Store app, swipe in from the left, tap My Apps, and see if a Google+ update is listed. If you don't see one, sometimes preinstalled Google apps don't prompt you for an update until you've actually updated it once. So search for Google+ in the Google Play Store, and see if there's an Update button on the app page.

I was having the exact same problem in a Samsung Gallaxy S4 and this Fix it completely !! Thanks so much!