Why no albums on Google Photos?

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
OK so the pics on my phone are stored in different folders but when I open the Google photos app I see all photos from across all folders scattered in one place... Doesn't google segregate photos according to the phone folder it gets them from?

I opened the google photos app and chose albums but I got a message saying 'No photos found' although when I choose 'Photos' I can see all the photos there...

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
I'll explain what I mean with an example:

Suppose my phone has 3 folders containing photos- A, B and C.

A: 30 photos
B: 20 photos
C: 10 photos

Now these photos are backed up to my Google+ Account. Suppose I format my phone and delete all the photos on it. If I view my Google + photos Account on a PC, it just shows all 60 photos in one place instead of showing them in different folders... Can something be done about this?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Aaaah, gotcha!
Sadly, you'd have to do it manually. You CAN create albums within Google Photos, and an update is rolling out that's allowing you to see your photos in the Google Drive app, so it'll be even easier to create albums/folders for that. But yeah, once backed up, it won't keep the folder structure you have on your phone.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
That's because OneDrive is backing up files, not doing a 'standard' camera upload. Same thing with Dropbox. If you set it to back up a folder, it will do so keeping the folder and file structure, but if you set it to do a 'Camera Upload', it will only upload pictures from your default Camera folder and place them all under a 'Camera Uploads' folder. I haven't used it, but I believe Amazon's Photo Backup tool acts in a similar way to Google Photos.

anon(5527120)

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Just another question:

I have turned on auto-backup on for my mom's S3 mini and as a result I get a notification saying '37 Photos are ready to be shared' and so on, which indicated that photo backups take place regularly.

Now today I opened the Google Photos App and clicked 'Backup All' and to my surprise it's saying that I have more than 3,666 photos left to backup. How is this possible? Is the app making duplicate backups? How do I backup only the photos that haven't been backed up? And why would any photos NOT be backed up when auto-backup is turned on? Also, it says "Backing up...3,666 left" but the progress bar isn't moving and I can't track its progress. Please help out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol