Share your Google+ thoughts

ls377

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I'm really like this. Seems like a good blend of Facebook and Twitter.

Quick highlights:
  • You add people to "Circles", and can customize which Circles see what you post.
  • The app has "instant upload", which automatically uploads pictures to a private folder.
  • Push notifications (that actually work!).
  • Very neat design.

Those of you who have managed to get an invite..how do you like it? What's your favorite feature(s)? Do you think it's the Facebook killer?

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Google+ snuck up on me and I've been slow to follow it. Reading some of the comments on the forum has me very curious and anxious to see what it's about. I hope that read some good things about it :
-)

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I think all facebook ever needed was a retitled trending topics and it would have let them kill off twitter.... oh well.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

tube517

Jun 28, 2010
Visit site
This is still a work in progress but it's better than Buzz and Orkut. They have a shot to compete w/Facebook. They just need to keep the momentum going.

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Problem I have so far is if you block someone, they can still see everything you post, etc. but they cannot comment on it.
If I block someone it's because I don't know who the heck they are.

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Problem I have so far is if you block someone, they can still see everything you post, etc. but they cannot comment on it.

Then its more like twitter in the sense that the whole world can see what you say not just your small little circle??

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I think so....
Plus it's missing tagging photos, etc. but you can limit who sees what.
For instance I have Friends, Tech Buddies, Android Central, Family Circles and just posted a photo that only two circles can see.
It's basic but has a LOT of potential.
I just don't see it being there yet.

googol

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I think so....
Plus it's missing tagging photos, etc. but you can limit who sees what.
For instance I have Friends, Tech Buddies, Android Central, Family Circles and just posted a photo that only two circles can see.
It's basic but has a LOT of potential.
I just don't see it being there yet.
I watched the "This Week in Google" show yesterday. Vic Gundotra and Brad Horowitz came on and it was pretty good show and I got to know a lot about Google+ by seeing them use it and explain it. There is actually a photo tagging feature in Google+ which I saw them use. The TWiT Netcast Network with Leo Laporte
I got an invitation, but Google isn't letting me in at the moment. With regards to people who you block seeing all your posts; that only happens when your posts are public. If you restrict posts to circles or a few people, I don't think the people you block will be able to see them

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Something I did not think about: Obviously "Ricky Babalu" is my forum name, but when I signed up to Google+ my "real name" is listed. Not sure If there is a way to make a circle with your forum name and not your real name (hope that makes sense).

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Am I the only one who thinks the whole thing is a bit over-hyped? Seriously... there is absolutely nothing to it what so ever.. No ones on it, its too much like facebook with new window dressing..

DenverRalphy

Retired Network Mod
May 11, 2010
Visit site
You sure you didn't have the Public tag on? I've been making it a point to leave Your Circles as the default for sharing streams.

Last edited:
Reactions: tony bag o donuts

rsxtcy4me

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Here's a big question. Anyone know how to go about following android central on google+. Also, anyone know of any other big companies that have started Google+ feeds. Ya know, like cnn, foxnews etc... etc... it'd just be nice to actually have something to do on Google+..... just sayin.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze