How do i setup facebook on google+

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
Do all my friends staus suppose to appear on google+ or what?Like i said this is all new to me and sorry for all the questions.
No, it doesn't work like that. It's not a full integration.

What I've found so far is, all that you're able to do by linking your Facebook to your G+ is when you make a post on G+ you have the option of cross posting it on Facebook...I think maybe Twitter too but I didn't check that.

And on Facebook it shows up as just a link like post.googleplus.whateveryourelinkingto . So the Facebook friends see it and click on it which takes them to Google+.

Reactions: haymond#AC

haymond#AC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site

What I've found so far is, all that you're able to do by linking your Facebook to your G+ is when you make a post on G+ you have the option of cross posting it on Facebook...I think maybe Twitter too but I didn't check that.

And on Facebook it shows up as just a link like post.googleplus.whateveryourelinkingto . So the Facebook friends see it and click on it which takes them to Google+.
ok thanks,how do i send people a invite

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It's turned off right now but it's under your Circles tab, Find and Invite in red.

There is or at least WAS a workaround where you added your friend to one of your circles and then made a post and tagged them in the post. The friend would then get an email notifying them that you did that and telling them to join up and check it out. But it doesn't seem to be working right now at all or it's sporadic depending on when Google has the servers open. So your results will definitely vary.

I'd go ahead and try it for the heck of it, but have your friends also request an invite directly from Google as well to up their chances.

Here's the Google request link. http://www.google.com/+/learnmore/

Reactions: haymond#AC

haymond#AC

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
It's turned off right now but it's under your Circles tab, Find and Invite in red.

There is or at least WAS a workaround where you added your friend to one of your circles and then made a post and tagged them in the post. The friend would then get an email notifying them that you did that and telling them to join up and check it out. But it doesn't seem to be working right now at all or it's sporadic depending on when Google has the servers open. So your results will definitely vary.

I'd go ahead and try it for the heck of it, but have your friends also request an invite directly from Google as well to up their chances.

Here's the Google request link. The Google+ Project

Thank you so much :)

taurmindo

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

This i cannot get to work. Am i slow or is the function not obvious enough? I have my fb account connected, but i cannot cross-post.

chud

Jun 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems like it was an early feature that they have since removed, along with a few others.

Use the Google Chrome extension above in post #9 if you're looking for an alternative.

Keep in mind though, it doesn't make a copy of the actual post in +. It only generates a link which gets posted on your Facebook wall and the link is just a redirect to your post on +.

The only real reason I've been using it is to generate awareness of + to my less tech involved friends.

renegademoose

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Is this an actual feature in Google+? I can't seem to find anything on it.

Edit: Never mind. For some reason the board wasn't showing me there were two pages... I can't seem to get the chrome extension to work. Oh, well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
w8wca