Project Fi Invite....

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I've been considering buying either a Nexus 6 or Nexus 6P and after a week or so I just received my Invite from Project Fi. I take it this means I have good enough coverage in my NW Chicago Burbs area. My question is, how long is the Invite good for?

Also, If I decide to get a Nexus device and stay with my Carrier from ATT, even though I use an ATT sim card, will I get the updates from Google still or from ATT? This would be my first Nexus and pure Android experience, so kind of a noob to this.

I'm still waiting to see more people's reviews on the Nexus 6P, but I love the Price of the Nexus 6 also. Either phone would be fine for me, but obviously I would like the 6P more. So just waiting at the moment for more real life experiences since the phone is so new.

Andy847

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Do you know if I stay with ATT as my provider and I get a Nexus 6 unlocked or Nexus 6P, will I still get updates from Google or will I have to go through ATT?

ElronTheElder

Jan 7, 2015
Visit site
Do you know if I stay with ATT as my provider and I get a Nexus 6 unlocked or Nexus 6P, will I still get updates from Google or will I have to go through ATT?

apparently that is a downside to the Nexus 6.
updates go through carrier's system rather than straight from google.
AFAIK, updates are directly from google for Nexus 6P/5X.
Personally have found few negatives with my N6.
Guess this is one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC