Problems with FORWARDED calls to my phone

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
To be clear, my post is about having calls forwarded TO my Nexus 6p, not about call forwarding from the phone. So, to explain, I have VoIP at my office (not sure whether that matters or not, but post that to be complete). I have always forwarded phone calls from my office to my cell in the past. I've never had a problem, but today I got my Fi chip and put it in my new phone. My new Nexus 6p will not accept forwarded calls from that number. If I forward my office line to any other phone, I have no problems. If this doesn't work, then this is a total dealbreaker. Any ideas? Am I missing a button/setting somewhere?

boxodonuts

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Do "normal" calls to your new fi service work?
Is it new fi number or did you port your old number? If ported sometimes takes a while for you to be able to receive calls on the ported number. A forwarded call is usually very much like any other received call.

angelbones1

Nov 11, 2015
Visit site
Do "normal" calls to your new fi service work?
Is it new fi number or did you port your old number? If ported sometimes takes a while for you to be able to receive calls on the ported number. A forwarded call is usually very much like any other received call.

Normal calls started working immediately. I did port my old number. I'll call Google Fi's service to see if there is another answer.