the caller id thing on fi need info on stuff

Goosinurwife

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
if i call some one on there end they will see the full name first and last and number thats in the google account used to join fi is there a way to change what people see in the caller id can you request a private number or something or just log in and change what people see in the name and number stuff for the id thing ?

this is extremely important i dont like people knowin my name or number

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
CallerID is sent by the originating carrier, according to their rules. You can contact Google to see whether they have other choices, but I strongly doubt it. A carrier normally picks a format and stays with it.

You can dial *67 before the number you're calling (for instance, *67123 456 7890) and they won't see any callerID.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
To my knowledge Google Fi caller ID defaults to the town you're calling from. If you talk to Support they can change that to "Wireless Caller". They don't ever put your full name I don't think. I'm not even end sure they have ever the capability for that.

Posted via the Android Central App

fireidiot

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
My caller ID comes from the town associated with the exchange that my fi number is associated with. And that town is 45 miles away. It never shows my name. I have asked for this to be changed, according to support it cannot.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol