05-16-2019 12:21 PM
33 12
tools
    Just for grins post the first time you see your phone on US Cellular. It might be interesting to see how Fi ramps up the coverage areas and when. Be sure to post the date you first see it and where you are located.
    06-11-2016 03:55 PM
    I'll be all over it.

I'm in one of those weird spots where USCC is coverage king. They got all the Verizon assets and towers in a court case, and they spent money to keep them updated and even expanded it. T-Mo is good here, and even Sprint if decent, but USCC should be ZOMG.

Post when you see US Cellular coverage on you phone.-screen-shot-2016-06-11-4.00.21-pm.png
    Laura Knotek, Jonneh and Ry like this.
    06-11-2016 04:01 PM
    And stickied this post. Something all Fi users should be interested in!
    Almeuit, Jonneh, racedog and 1 others like this.
    06-11-2016 04:02 PM
    Sadly, I won't see it, the only USCC coverage in my area is with "roaming partners".
    ezzzzz and ducatti20 like this.
    06-11-2016 08:50 PM
    Sadly, I won't see it, the only USCC coverage in my area is with "roaming partners".
    I'm in the same boat. I'm taking a trip next month where I could see US Cellular but I won't see it in my local areas.
    06-12-2016 09:18 AM
    I don't live in a US Cellular area but I'm glad it will be there as an option if I travel.
    Jonneh likes this.
    06-12-2016 01:10 PM
    As the OP of this thread I'm requesting that the only posts for this thread should be ones that tell us where and when Fi users start seeing USCC connections. Please start or use other threads for comments about USCC and whether or not you are in a native area for them.
    06-12-2016 03:32 PM
    And stickied this post. Something all Fi users should be interested in!
    You missed the sticky button, Jerry!

I fixed it for you .
    06-15-2016 01:52 PM
    As the OP of this thread I'm requesting that the only posts for this thread should be ones that tell us where and when Fi users start seeing USCC connections. Please start or use other threads for comments about USCC and whether or not you are in a native area for them.
    Nope. Sorry, you can't tell people what to post or what not to post. But for those who are interested, there is another thread http://forums.androidcentral.com/goo...-cellular.html talking about the US Cellular addition. Not really sure why we have two threads, but you can participate in both now that we do have two.
    libra89 likes this.
    06-15-2016 01:53 PM
    I saw a post, on another site, from a Fi user in NH who says he can get US Cellular on his phone, I believe using the code (*#*#34872#*#*) but that he isn't getting LTE yet, just Voice, 1X, and EVDO.
    06-20-2016 12:43 PM
    I've had US Cellular availability for about a week. For some reason my phone still prefers Sprint or TMobile even when I'm in a poor service area. I was able to force it into US Cellular (using signal spy) over the weekend which greatly improved coverage in Western Iowa. Hopefully carrier switching improves as my network history builds.
    07-04-2016 09:47 PM
    Using the Fi Info App, I saw it for the first time today (Border of Illinois and Wisconsin).
    Aquila likes this.
    07-10-2016 10:21 PM
    Live in 35147 from 7/12
    Aquila likes this.
    07-12-2016 03:04 PM
    Despite my earlier prediction that I wouldn't see the USCC logo in my Signal Spy app, it appears I was wrong. I'm currently connected to it, in zip code 12345 (no lie).
    08-15-2016 12:53 PM
    Had US Cellar in the Wisconsin Dells last week.
    08-17-2016 11:37 PM
    I almost always have T-Mobile, besides on a few rare occasions after going on a road trip.
    09-23-2016 11:49 AM
    I've still not seen US Cellular; of course, it doesn't help that I don't live in one of their areas. I did take a trip in late July and hoped to see it, but never did; I suspect (not living in a US Cellular area) that I hadn't been activated for it.
    libra89 likes this.
    09-23-2016 11:55 AM
    I'm in eastern Iowa and have great coverage from US Cellular. T Mobile is none existent here though and Sprint is ok at best. I'd still like to give it a try but when trying to sign up, it says that my area is not covered. Do they not use US Cellular coverage when determining if you can activate or not yet? Will this hopefully be something that changes?
    11-26-2016 01:57 PM
    I'm in eastern Iowa and have great coverage from US Cellular. T Mobile is none existent here though and Sprint is ok at best. I'd still like to give it a try but when trying to sign up, it says that my area is not covered. Do they not use US Cellular coverage when determining if you can activate or not yet? Will this hopefully be something that changes?
    From what I've read others claim, they use T-Mobile to "activate", or at least to determine if you are covered. I know some have gotten around it by claiming they live in a T-Mobile area (not sure if they have to have it shipped to an address in that area).

I'm also not sure if you need to activate it in an area with T-Mobile coverage. From what I can tell, it activates on T-Mobile initially, and only after on Sprint and US Cellular.
    11-26-2016 02:39 PM
    I traveled from Miami to Naples, FL on Thursday, we took the "back way" on US41 which is a 2 lane road through the everglades that gets remote.

I was able to check my phone a few times and sure enough USCC was the carrier for a good stretch. EvdoA was the data service. My wife is on sprint and was roaming on what appeared to be the same towers.
    11-28-2016 11:32 AM
    I did bit of traveling in North Carolina and I was pleasantly surprised to find myself on USCC while climbing chimney rock. Thankful for the expanded coverage.
    12-14-2016 10:37 PM
    Just after landing at Newark International Airport, NJ viewed USCC on signal check pro.
    Tried to get a screen shot but switched to sprint quite fast.
    02-20-2017 12:59 PM
    Here's my question:
    The FI coverage map shows my area, Western Allegany County MD, with full 4G LTE coverage. USC is king here, next to AT&T, and T-Mobile and Verizon have very limited data coverage here. However, when I enter my zip code into the FI page it says it's not available here. If I enter a zip code for areas nearby, say within 30 miles, it accepts it. Does this mean the service is not yet activated in my area and if I set it up an account under a nearby zip code, I may not get service in my area? I'm wondering because I'm about to buy a Pixel XL from Google and I want to activate it with Fi as opposed to USC, so I can eliminate one of my lines with them and save some cash.
    04-19-2017 10:47 AM
    Here's my question:
    The FI coverage map shows my area, Western Allegany County MD, with full 4G LTE coverage. USC is king here, next to AT&T, and T-Mobile and Verizon have very limited data coverage here. However, when I enter my zip code into the FI page it says it's not available here. If I enter a zip code for areas nearby, say within 30 miles, it accepts it. Does this mean the service is not yet activated in my area and if I set it up an account under a nearby zip code, I may not get service in my area? I'm wondering because I'm about to buy a Pixel XL from Google and I want to activate it with Fi as opposed to USC, so I can eliminate one of my lines with them and save some cash.
    When Fi sets up service, it actually activates you with T-Mobile, then creates "virtual lines" on Sprint and USC. While it works seamlessly, it does mean that Fi requires that you live in an area with T-Mobile coverage to order service. I know some people using PFi have given fake addresses for their service area, to show they lived in a T-Mobile area, so they could get the SIM, and it has worked. My recollection is they did not need to be in a T-Mobile area to actually get the phone activated, but I'm not 100% sure about that. So far as I've heard from those people, they had no issues with PFi after getting it activated.
    04-19-2017 12:02 PM
    Thanks for the quick reply!

One more thing, if I use another nearby MD zip code, would I be able to port my USC number? Looking at the latest T-Mobile coverage map, it appears as though they have added a ton of coverage here. Solid 4G LTE coverage for at least 1 45 mile radius. We just don't have any T-Mobile stores here, so it's not a popular service with folks.

Post when you see US Cellular coverage on you phone.-1.jpg
    04-19-2017 12:16 PM
33 12