Can I get Project Fi if its not available in my area?

p08757

** Superhero **
Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I really want to test out Project Fi, but it is not officially available in my area. The coverage map has solid 4G connectivity for my area. Can I sign up under my sisters home address and then change my billing address after the fact?

Just asking...

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
You can sign up at your sisters address but I suspect you'll have to leave that address as your account address or it will be shut down.

AZbear

Nov 3, 2009
Visit site
I really want to test out Project Fi, but it is not officially available in my area. The coverage map has solid 4G connectivity for my area. Can I sign up under my sisters home address and then change my billing address after the fact?

Just asking...

Just curious, where are you that it's not available?

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Google voice has nothing to do with it. It seems that TMO is the critical factor in being able to sign up for Fi. You have to be in a native TMO area. I suspect that tmobile is the controller for Fi in some way.

Jonneh

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Google voice has nothing to do with it. It seems that TMO is the critical factor in being able to sign up for Fi. You have to be in a native TMO area. I suspect that tmobile is the controller for Fi in some way.

That's interesting if true! Hmm.

anon(5356006)

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
From my understanding, it's not about you getting kicked off for not being in a T-Mobile area, it's all about activation. Currently, you need to activate Fi over T-Mobile, not Sprint or US Cellular. If you are close to a T-Mobile tower, you can put in that zip code, and just go there to initially activate it.