Fi credit limit?

btrotta

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am attempting to switch my wife and I to Fi, but when I try to select the option to make payments on the two 128 GB Pixels we want, the system won't allow it. It says the total exceeds the credit limit of $1,600.
Has anyone else run into this issue? And if you did, how did you get around it. I've tried contacting Google and explained the issue, but they've been less than helpful. Their solution was to try going through the Project Fi page because the credit terms are different from the Google store. I had to tell them (again) that that was exactly what I was trying to do.
They're about to lose a potential customer if they can't straighten this out.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
When you apply for credit for device purchases on the Google Store, they partner with Synchrony Bank, who runs a credit check and assigns a credit limit based on those results.

On Project Fi, approximately 100% of consumers get this message during signup:

ProjectFi.PNG

So you can purchase the two devices, however the difference (probably about $150 or so) would have to be paid up front and they'll finance the $1600.

btrotta

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
If they did it that way, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, what they are actually doing is telling me that because there isn't enough credit to fully pay for the second phone I have to pay the total cost of the second phone up front. And that's where they're about to lose me.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
If they did it that way, I wouldn't have a problem with it. However, what they are actually doing is telling me that because there isn't enough credit to fully pay for the second phone I have to pay the total cost of the second phone up front. And that's where they're about to lose me.

Can you purchase one from Fi and one from the Google Store? Sorry I don't know of a way around the Fi limit, the Google financing you can apply for a higher limit through their bank syf.com/googlestorefinancing. But doing $900 from each rather than $1800 at one might work, not sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nanran21