About to let Project go.

anon(20964)

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Been with Project Fi since June 2016. There was one short brief period of time where I had paused service and then canceled. Started it back thinking the I could save some money and stay below 1GB data.

Now with new job and no wifi available 1GB isn't sufficient heck 2GB not sufficent. I love the concept of Project Fi but don't mind the Google phones but the data options need some revamping. Also Sprint speeds were abysmal, T-mobile was the work horse for me in the area I spend my time on Network. But even then, the speed was lacking when compared to nearly every one else.... Straight Talk, H2O, GoPhone, BOOST, and every one of the maje 4 including Sprint.

I'll check back in a year or two to see if Project Fi has evolved to better meet my needs.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Been with Project Fi since June 2016. There was one short brief period of time where I had paused service and then canceled. Started it back thinking the I could save some money and stay below 1GB data.

Now with new job and no wifi available 1GB isn't sufficient heck 2GB not sufficent. I love the concept of Project Fi but don't mind the Google phones but the data options need some revamping. Also Sprint speeds were abysmal, T-mobile was the work horse for me in the area I spend my time on Network. But even then, the speed was lacking when compared to nearly every one else.... Straight Talk, H2O, GoPhone, BOOST, and every one of the maje 4 including Sprint.

I'll check back in a year or two to see if Project Fi has evolved to better meet my needs.

Yeah Project Fi is good if you're a low data user ... If you use a few GB though it becomes expensive.

Connert

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah Project Fi is good if you're a low data user ... If you use a few GB though it becomes expensive.
Completely agree, and using 3 GB is enough that you should start looking for alternatives.

We've had a sprint plan for probably 18 years and had 5 lines with them for most of that time. It was down to the 3 kids on Sprint for the last several years and I'd been wanting to move them to a carrier with better coverage in our area for a while.

I moved them to project fi last week knowing they would be on T-mobile service most of the time. I set all three up on the group plan with 3 GB of data. Then I came here and was reading through the forums (I should have done this part first). I read several posts about plans on T-mobile that were as good price wise and included unlimited data.

So the kids will have project fi for about a week and then be on T-mobile. Project FI group plan with 3GB of data is $140 plus tax & fees, T-mobile 3 lines with unlimited data is $140 including tax & fees.

Goes to show how valuable this site can be, I could have saved myself a little time and hassle if I'd just done my research first.