I been on Verizon for over 2 years with my Pixel 1 phone. I’m starting to do lots of international traveling and wanted to switch from Verizon to Project Fi due to Fi’s great international support at the same cost. I have a few questions.

Are the steps in moving my old Pixel phone from Verizon to Fi straightforward (including porting my phone #), or are there specific things I need to watch out for, etc.?

I’ve heard that people who switch to Fi have had texting issues with banks or institutions, in which the bank texts alerts or a security code (two-factor services) to their mobile phone and the text is not received. Is that still an ongoing issue?

Thanks in advance...
    01-07-2019 06:04 PM
    It should be as simple as requesting to port your number when you sign up. I did it 2 years ago and it was seamless.

I’ve heard that people who switch to Fi have had texting issues with banks or institutions, in which the bank texts alerts or a security code (two-factor services) to their mobile phone and the text is not received. Is that still an ongoing issue?
    I don't have this problem, I even used it today without trouble.

If you haven't yet signed up, I can offer you a referral code that will save us both money if you stick around for 2 months (we each get a $20 bill credit when your second bill is issued). PM me if you want a code, be aware that I do see the name on the account when I refer someone.
    01-07-2019 06:34 PM