Having been a Sprint customer for 15+ years, I finaly decided to jump to Fi. With Fi coverage including Sprint I really cannot go wrong...I dont think....plus I wanted a new phone so stepping away from the Samsung cult and into the Google phone arena also.
    Question for long time Fi users, I noted the coverage map for Sprint indicates better 4G that the Fi map does for the same area....how is that?
    01-16-2019 03:38 PM
    Sprint might have roaming partners that show up on its map while Fi does not take those into account.

If you haven't signed up and want a referral code - PM me, it'll get both of us service credit ($20) after the appropriate amount of time (once the second bill is issued I think).
    01-16-2019 04:07 PM
    I made the jump to Google Fi this week. So far so good. I got the cheapest device they offered for the service and it has been great. Don't regret my choice to leave Verizon at all.
    hallux likes this.
    02-08-2019 12:46 AM
    I just jumped on Thursday after being an AT&T customer for many, many years.

This morning I went out looking for a weak T-Mobile area to see it switch to Sprint, but I couldn't find one. Sprint has a local store, so I guess they can't be too bad locally, but I know nothing of their coverage around here.

I'm about 12 miles east of Hartford, CT, using a Pixel 2.
    02-16-2019 06:58 PM
    Sprint has a local store, so I guess they can't be too bad locally
    Don't bet on that - I used to be a dealer for Sprint and Nextel (among others). The store with the best Sprint signal had a pretty bad one. And the next town had absolutely no Nextel coverage.

The presence of a store doesn't guarantee coverage.
    02-16-2019 07:52 PM
    Don't bet on that - I used to be a dealer for Sprint and Nextel (among others). The store with the best Sprint signal had a pretty bad one. And the next town had absolutely no Nextel coverage.

The presence of a store doesn't guarantee coverage.
    I'll take your word for that, but it does seem rather dumb to open a store in an area where your service is lousy.

Self-defeating, to my way of thinking.
    02-16-2019 07:57 PM
    I'm thinking about FI, ATT has almost no coverage at my in-laws in rural Michigan. I heard that with FI, calls can be lost while it tries to connect to wifi before using another service -- does anyone else experience that problem? I live in Indy, should be no issue here -- but on trips I have more issue with coverage than my wife (Big Red). My son also has issues up there with tmobile, but Verizon is fine and I heard sprint is OK. I do need data when I travel... Any feedback would be appreciated.
    07-13-2019 10:34 AM
    I'm thinking about FI, ATT has almost no coverage at my in-laws in rural Michigan. I heard that with FI, calls can be lost while it tries to connect to wifi before using another service -- does anyone else experience that problem? I live in Indy, should be no issue here -- but on trips I have more issue with coverage than my wife (Big Red). My son also has issues up there with tmobile, but Verizon is fine and I heard sprint is OK. I do need data when I travel... Any feedback would be appreciated.
    How's Metro pcs ? I know they part of TMobile but they huge in Michigan.
    07-13-2019 10:42 AM
    Would Metro be any different than tmobile? My son has almost no signal there. That is why I am looking at other options like FI. VZW is good, but expensive
    07-13-2019 11:03 AM
    Would Metro be any different than tmobile? My son has almost no signal there. That is why I am looking at other options like FI. VZW is good, but expensive
    For some reasons I dont know , metro had better service. But Verizon looks like the only one, I think FI would give same results as the others .
    07-13-2019 11:06 AM