10-20-2011 07:30 PM
318 ... 678910 ...
tools
    thanks for wetting our appetites. sounds delicious :-)

Sent from my brand new galaxy tab 8.9
    10-17-2011 09:35 PM
    I don't see them redesigning the camera module just for the Nexus. Would likely use a high quality but common part. If the rear is 8 mp then the module is likely the same as in the SGS2 -- so 2 mp front camera.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
    Logic would say yes... but history says no. Different cameras in nexus s vs galaxy s'
    10-17-2011 09:54 PM
    Disclaimer: I can't search the thread via mobile, don't flame me if it's been asked.

Hows the messenger app? Did they get rid of the ugly cyan/white?
    10-17-2011 10:08 PM
    Re-posting:

Thanks for all this info.

About that touch-sensitive bezel, though. Wouldn't that gget annoying to have to bring up the buttons everytime you want to use them? Like, if they disappear in an app, if you want to hit the Home button you have to then swipe or tap on the bezel and THEN hit the Home button which has just appeared?

Is that how it works? Thanks.
    10-17-2011 10:13 PM
    Re-posting:

About that touch-sensitive bezel, though. Wouldn't that gget annoying to have to bring up the buttons everytime you want to use them? Like, if they disappear in an app, if you want to hit the Home button you have to then swipe or tap on the bezel and THEN hit the Home button which has just appeared?

it would be nice if you could gesture in that area to do things like back and home
    10-17-2011 10:17 PM
    Internal 32GB you say? I'm totally cool with that. I barely even have my 16GB card filled up. 32GB, internal should be more than enough plus the read/write speeds should be much better than an external version.
    10-17-2011 10:19 PM
    Re-posting:

I don't think that's really a big deal. Honestly, you'd have to be one lazy mofo to really see this being a problem. No offense. haha.
    10-17-2011 10:20 PM
    I don't think that's really a big deal. Honestly, you'd have to be one lazy mofo to really see this being a problem. No offense. haha.
    I'm one of those lazy mofos, however I doubt there won't be an option to not have the buttons hide, and I'd still rather have more screen space. Though one wonders if that tough sensitive bezel could have just had capacitive buttons so that you could keep the space and not have to swipe and tap.

It wouldn't look as cool with capacitive buttons though.
    10-17-2011 10:32 PM
    Re-posting:

I wonder if never hiding the on screen buttons would cause screen burn in?
    10-17-2011 10:35 PM
    I wonder if never hiding the on screen buttons would cause screen burn in?
    It hasn't on my Xoom, and I have the screen on 24 hours a day as a news feed.
    10-17-2011 10:38 PM
    It hasn't on my Xoom, and I have the screen on 24 hours a day as a news feed.
    The Xoom doesn't have a amoled screen. This is a totally different animal.
    10-17-2011 10:51 PM
    @TeamAndIRC (Jcase) has told us there's no SD, 32gb built in (presumably to save space)
    ..still plenty
    I'm thinking Jcase might have a variation of a prototype so they throw people off the track, otherwise anyone with a test device would be able to leak the exact specs without any doubts. There are probably many of both versions out there, hence the different leaks the past month or so.

I'm sure it is very possible to end up with a very great sensor 5mp camera, but I'm thinking they would go with 8mp just for competitive stat comparison tables against the iPhone4s. If it is a 5mp, unfortunately it is an automatic, "blah blah..., my iPhone4s is way better because it says 8mp...". I'm getting the galaxy nexus either way

I do hope for a microsd slot on the production device, it just feels more future proof and adding a nice little 32gb chip puts storage on par with the top of the line of that "other device".
    10-17-2011 11:01 PM
    it would be nice if you could gesture in that area to do things like back and home
    My thoughts from the 1st time I heard the buttons would disappear was, proximity sensor. Phones that have proximity sensors for locking the screen during phone calls, are great. I also recently saw the demo video for Cadillac's new CUE system, were the proximity sensor brought up buttons while bring your hands close enough to the screen. With such a short time with the device could the touching and swiping the bezel actually be a Prox Sense instead of actually touching? I could see this feature being more exciting than having to touch and gesture.
    rwcollett and zoomis like this.
    10-17-2011 11:03 PM
    I'm thinking Jcase might have a variation of a prototype so they throw people off the track, otherwise anyone with a test device would be able to leak the exact specs without any doubts. There are probably many of both versions out there, hence the different leaks the past month or so.

I'm sure it is very possible to end up with a very great sensor 5mp camera, but I'm thinking they would go with 8mp just for competitive stat comparison tables against the iPhone4s. If it is a 5mp, unfortunately it is an automatic, "blah blah..., my iPhone4s is way better because it says 8mp...". I'm getting the galaxy nexus either way

I do hope for a microsd slot on the production device, it just feels more future proof and adding a nice little 32gb chip puts storage on par with the top of the line of that "other device".
    In my opinion, I think they (Google) are moving away from removable storage to comply with media corps and their needs so Google can deliver more media to the market.
    10-17-2011 11:38 PM
    Thanks so much for your thoughts, it has made my choice to dump my iPhone for the Nexus Prime that much easier. I am excited for tomorrow.
    10-18-2011 12:25 AM
    In my opinion, I think they (Google) are moving away from removable storage to comply with media corps and their needs so Google can deliver more media to the market.
    Yeah and not only that, but they're going to have competitive pricing if you look at the storage aspect of the phone (except for Verizon due to LTE).

32GB iPhone 4S: $300
    32GB Nexus Prime: $200
    10-18-2011 12:30 AM
    You're probably correct. I just wish I didn't have to worry about Verizon bandwidth caps (don't have grandfathered unlimited). I guess I can always sync over wifi at home. Unfortunately my work wifi won't allow any devices except their laptops with some security certificate features.

Still getting the Nexus either way of course
    10-18-2011 02:13 AM
    Yeah and not only that, but they're going to have competitive pricing if you look at the storage aspect of the phone (except for Verizon due to LTE).

32GB iPhone 4S: $300
    32GB Nexus Prime: $200
    I thought the Nexus was going to be $300?
    I would love it if it turns out to be $200.
    10-18-2011 02:26 AM
    I thought the Nexus was going to be $300?
    I would love it if it turns out to be $200.
    I saw $299 with contract

and $599 I think, off contract.
    10-18-2011 03:14 AM
    Damned, I hate being in europe. The announcement event will be at 4 am my time... Think I'm going to get up early (like 6, 6:30), not read any news sites yet, and watch the video like it's happening live xD

Just so I get that feeling you know

and Dawg: awesome information, thanks!
    10-18-2011 04:16 AM
    Thanks a lot Jacob!
    10-18-2011 04:43 AM
    I finally will get to use my upgrade......Thought I was going to use it on the Bionic but then I heard the Nexus was coming to town. Can't wait til 9:30 tonight.
    10-18-2011 05:15 AM
    10-18-2011 06:30 AM
    om nom nom nom
    10-18-2011 06:43 AM
    Where is that from?
    10-18-2011 06:49 AM
318 ... 678910 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD