galaxy nexus hand time

Jeff43

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
^ I really can't see them staying with a 5MP camera and not keeping it on par or better than their latest camera technology.

Especially going head-to-head with the iPhone's great camera.

guts311

Jul 3, 2010
Visit site
Wow OPs a liar...no touch sensitive bezel, wrong mp cam, among other things.. bwahaha

P.S. where is the menu button now? I didn't see it appear once in the demos or pics..

estebancam

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the screen is dark enough to look like a bezel lol. Seriously, I can see how this mistake can be made. Especially without having time to play with the device.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Wow OPs a liar...no touch sensitive bezel, wrong mp cam, among other things.. bwahaha

P.S. where is the menu button now? I didn't see it appear once in the demos or pics..

Ive seen Sub Dawg around the the forums before. I don't think he would troll like that. Either he was misinformed or use a diff. model.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
[Update 2: Full Press Release. Full Spec List] Galaxy Nexus Official Press Release, Release Date Narrowed Down To November

see the bottom where it say "spec above may differ with the lte version". The OP might be talking about the verizon version being more beefy than the GSM.

Maybe the verizon version will have a bigger battery? lol i saw somewhere, that someone saw the verizon version. It was thicker because the phone was flush instead of the hump. Idk if theres truth to it.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Maybe the verizon version will have a bigger battery? lol i saw somewhere, that someone saw the verizon version. It was thicker because the phone was flush instead of the hump. Idk if theres truth to it.

Is it at all possible that we may see a 1.5ghz TI OMAP Verizon version? If the phone is already going to be physically thicker/different than the HSPA+ version, is it possible that it may have some other HW specs as well?

Just throwing that out there.

I only ask this because, I've really gotta ask what phone SUB-dawg was using in this thread. He seemed pretty confident in a lot of his answers and description of the device. I don't think he'd be trolling given his status around here and on top of that his friend was a Samsung employee with this phone and in his hand! So just exactly what did SUB-dawg use and see?

On top of that, early rumors of possibly 2 versions of this phone came a few weeks back. Is it possible that we have yet to see everything that's going on here? Samsung and Google introduce the "Base" model of the Galaxy Nexus? Maybe?

deesugar

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
OK everything I know (I better get thanked a LOT of this):

-Super Fluid UI with blue theme and mulittasking like honeycomb. ICS is optimized for dual core so INSANELY snappy

-Hardware is a dream to feel and use, curve like nexus s but more subtle and feels great in hand.

-specs:
1.5ghz dual core TI OMAP
720p 4.65 inch screen
Thin as 4S and light as GS2
8mp camera and front camera with unknown MP
1GB ram
No logos but prob because I wasnt using production version

-NFC and Google wallet

-4G LTE on Verizon and new 4G modem for faster 4G

-Dark silver plastic design but metal inside for internal stability and feel.

-can't give away included apps, gotta leave some surprise!

-1900 mAh battery and ICS is incredible at battery management

-Idk release date it price

Thanks for getting this on AC front page guys!

P.S. and haters? Screw the hell off

Sent from my Thunderbolt via an app you can probably guess

Now that the event is over with I would really like to hear SUB-dawg's explanation before people make up their own minds about his claims.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Is it at all possible that we may see a 1.5ghz TI OMAP Verizon version? If the phone is already going to be physically thicker/different than the HSPA+ version, is it possible that it may have some other HW specs as well?

Just throwing that out there.

I only ask this because, I've really gotta ask what phone SUB-dawg was using in this thread. He seemed pretty confident in a lot of his answers and description of the device. I don't think he'd be trolling given his status around here and on top of that his friend was a Samsung employee with this phone and in his hand! So just exactly what did SUB-dawg use and see?

On top of that, early rumors of possibly 2 versions of this phone came a few weeks back. Is it possible that we have yet to see everything that's going on here? Samsung and Google introduce the "Base" model of the Galaxy Nexus? Maybe?

I doubt it will be 1.5 I think his device was not yet underclocked.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
OK everything I know (I better get thanked a LOT of this):

-Super Fluid UI with blue theme and mulittasking like honeycomb. ICS is optimized for dual core so INSANELY snappy TRUE

-Hardware is a dream to feel and use, curve like nexus s but more subtle and feels great in hand. TRUE

-specs:
1.5ghz dual core TI OMAP False(but may have been 1.5 in pre production before being underclocked)
720p 4.65 inch screen TRUE
Thin as 4S and light as GS2 TRUE
8mp camera and front camera with unknown MP FALSE(5mp)
1GB ram TRUE
No logos but prob because I wasnt using production version

-NFC and Google wallet TRUE

-4G LTE on Verizon and new 4G modem for faster 4G

-Dark silver plastic design but metal inside for internal stability and feel. TRUE

-can't give away included apps, gotta leave some surprise!

-1900 mAh battery and ICS is incredible at battery management FALSE(But the verizon version which will be bigger, may include a 1900 MAH battery)

-Idk release date it price

Thanks for getting this on AC front page guys!

P.S. and haters? Screw the hell off

Sent from my Thunderbolt via an app you can probably guess

all in all. He was still spot on for the most part. A few of his fallacies can be due to the fact he used a pre production model and that Verizons version will be slightly different. Like i said, Sub Dawg has been around, i have no reason to believe he would randomly go troll on us.

sushiglobster

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
all in all. He was still spot on for the most part. A few of his fallacies can be due to the fact he used a pre production model and that Verizons version will be slightly different. Like i said, Sub Dawg has been around, i have no reason to believe he would randomly go troll on us.

Yea, I don't think he's be trolling us either. Interesting to see that he mentioned an 8MP camera though. Would a pre production model really have an 8MP camera in it? What would be the point? I can see the cpu being underclocked and for good reason. The camera MP size I thought was a bit strange.

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
Yea, I don't think he's be trolling us either. Interesting to see that he mentioned an 8MP camera though. Would a pre production model really have an 8MP camera in it? What would be the point? I can see the cpu being underclocked and for good reason. The camera MP size I thought was a bit strange.

My guess, he was using a verizon pre production model.

Verizons phone WILL ship with a 1900 mah batter, the camera will be 5 however. I think he was told it as an 8mp shooter by mistake. And the phones are 1.5 GHZ but underclocked to 1.2 to conserve power.

pepperonijack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site

What about when he said that on-screen buttons could disappear, and you had to touch the capacitive bezel to make them come back? It would have been a hard feature to implement (making the size of the screen change for the apps), and it doesn't seem very likely to me that they implemented the feature but then removed it. (and I'm not even talking about the hardware modifications)

And the notification LED behind the speaker grid?

And the dual flash?

All in all, he was right only on the things most rumors agreed upon.

oxymoron

It's been real...
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
What about when he said that on-screen buttons could disappear, and you had to touch the capacitive bezel to make them come back? It would have been a hard feature to implement (making the size of the screen change for the apps), and it doesn't seem very likely to me that they implemented the feature but then removed it. (and I'm not even talking about the hardware modifications)

And the notification LED behind the speaker grid?
Did you even watch the keynote?

*customized tapatalk signature*

pepperonijack

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Did you even watch the keynote?

No I didn't.

That being said, I think my points are still valid. The notification LED is not behind the speaker grid (it's in the bottom bezel), and they never showed any app that used the part of the screen which is occupied by the buttons. As with Honeycomb, "full screen" app can make the buttons kind of disappear, but they are replaced by grey dots. The apps CANNOT use that screen space.