Galaxy Nexus: Confirmation of SD card slot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ricky Babalu

BEACH BUM
Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Galaxy Nexus: Confirmation of 2GB SD card slot? It looks like it does have an SD card slot, or am I reading this wrong?

Google Translate

3a880382.jpg

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
And here I just promised (in another thread) to quit reading these speculations on what is going to be on or not be on the Nexus - and here I am doing it!!

Well, if it does actually have an SD slot that will cement down my decision once and for all. That has been my biggest problem with this phone since I first read about it.

I know others don't understand some of us who insist on it but I always have pointed out that we each use our phone in our own ways. What may be a deal breaker for one is only a minor annoyance for someone else, or they might not even notice it. No SD is not a complete deal breaker for me but it would sure make this a tough sell to me. I would have to give some serious consideration to other options. With an SD slot we probably have a done deal.

Reactions: milkshed27

Gratificulous

May 5, 2011
Visit site
And here I just promised (in another thread) to quit reading these speculations on what is going to be on or not be on the Nexus - and here I am doing it!!

Well, if it does actually have an SD slot that will cement down my decision once and for all. That has been my biggest problem with this phone since I first read about it.

I know others don't understand some of us who insist on it but I always have pointed out that we each use our phone in our own ways. What may be a deal breaker for one is only a minor annoyance for someone else, or they might not even notice it. No SD is not a complete deal breaker for me but it would sure make this a tough sell to me. I would have to give some serious consideration to other options. With an SD slot we probably have a done deal.

5 more hours man, hang in there :)

Reactions: TripSixes

Drosul

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Very well said, and I couldn't agree more.

In my case, I ride the train for 2hours a day. During that time, it's hard using internet because I zip by so many towers on the commute and I'd wager that constantly swapping towers results in alot more power drain on the modem. Having the rumored 32GB on board, AND an SD card slot up to 32gb means I can positively load this phone up with movies/things to entertain me on my commute.... Amazing news if true, really can't wait for the official info...

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
In my case, I ride the train for 2hours a day. During that time, it's hard using internet because I zip by so many towers on the commute and I'd wager that constantly swapping towers results in alot more power drain on the modem. Having the rumored 32GB on board, AND an SD card slot up to 32gb means I can positively load this phone up with movies/things to entertain me on my commute.... Amazing news if true, really can't wait for the official info...

In my case I fly a lot. I like to listen to MY music during flight. I may be in the clouds but if my music is also there I can't get to it, it needs to be on an SD. I have managed to reduce my music to the most listened to stuff and that brought it down to about 30 gigs. I have over 1000 CD's and another 1000 vinyls and I like ripping at at least 192 and mostly 256 so my music takes a lot of space. With the 32gig card I can swap in and out as I like. That's critical for me but it may not be for someone else. If I didn't fly so much I probably wouldn't care about relying on cloud based storage.

Reactions: ccjjr59

dylanear

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
No SD slot, no deal. Even with 128+GB on board I find the SD card to be way too convenient for moving data between my many Android (and non Android) devices, backing things up and for hacking (ROM Manager etc).

I might own a Nexus S if it had a SD card. The fact the last Nexus didn't have one was very disturbing and makes me very nervous about the Galaxy Nexus. It's one of the main reasons I bailed on the iPhone.

Well, we shall see shortly!

dylanear

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
1GB(RAM) + 16/32GB internal memory.

Presumably no SD and no option larger than the ho hum 32GB. FAIL.

I guess they want me constantly streaming media rather than storing it. That's the only thing I can think of. I sure hope I'm wrong, because it looks like a great phone otherwise.

Hell, might as well get a iPhone, at least it's got a 64GB option. ;)

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Can you say CLOUD? Why do you need more than 32G?????? iTunes, Google Music and Amazon are all doing cloud based music now. Photos have been cloud based for a long time now.

I haven't removed an SD card from my device since I got it about 2 years ago........

Katherine

trev186

May 29, 2011
Visit site
I seem to remember hearing that SDHC slots wouldn't be available in phones until at least next year.

I stand corrected...SDXC won't be available.

Hate to break it to ya but SDXC already works in Android

Tested on my Evo 3D and my friends MOTO Droid orginal.

My phone is rocking a 64 GB SDXC card.

If the Nexus Prime has the 32 GB internal storage and the SD slot I am sold and will purchase to have nearly 100 GBs of storage

trev186

May 29, 2011
Visit site
Can you say CLOUD? Why do you need more than 32G?????? iTunes, Google Music and Amazon are all doing cloud based music now. Photos have been cloud based for a long time now.

I haven't removed an SD card from my device since I got it about 2 years ago........

Katherine

You are too close minded.

PS2 games are being ported to Android like Gran Theft Auto 3. Grant it they will be smaller than when released on the Ps2 but still they were 5-8 GBs on average.

I have a 64 GB SDXC card and it is full of PS1 games for FPSE. (each game is about 500 MBs)

trev186

May 29, 2011
Visit site
1GB(RAM) + 16/32GB internal memory.

Presumably no SD and no option larger than the ho hum 32GB. FAIL.

I guess they want me constantly streaming media rather than storing it. That's the only thing I can think of. I sure hope I'm wrong, because it looks like a great phone otherwise.

Hell, might as well get a iPhone, at least it's got a 64GB option. ;)

Just buy a 64 GB SDXC card from Sandisk direct. They work fine.

All you have to do is let your phone reformat it to FAT 32 out of ex fat file type.

My friend's droid can use one so can any other phone I say.

It was a common misconception that SDXC will not work but that is in fact false

ulnek

Dec 22, 2009
Visit site
Ditto,

Honestly I just checked out the information on the Razr and it looks pretty sweet. There might actually be some competition for the Galaxy Nexus from Motorola.

i was thinking the same thing. and if htc holds an event next week for the release of rezound on the 10th... that's 3 phone i have to choose from! >_<

Status
Not open for further replies.