Google Nexus Live Announcement Discussion Thread

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Re: After Announcement thoughts on Galaxy Nexus and ICS here!

Disappointed with the 1.2 ghz procs of course. A revolutionary phone like this should have had something nobody else had yet.
They didn't mention battery size, but if published specs are true, then I'm not amazed or disappointed.

The real story of the night was ICS. What an amazing operating system. Much better than I suspected!!!!

ldejavul

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site

Yea until your passed out on the couch or they have a picture of you. That would suck if its that easy to fake.

Either way this phone is a let down. 5mp camera... No SD slot... Old ass GPU... so disappointing...

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I was very impressed and, glad I took my Bionic back today. I'm going to use my credit from returning the Bionic to buy this phone. I also wanted them to go into more detail about the sd-card and music app but, we will know about that soon enough.

The leak videos didn't do this phone justice. it's a lot better than I thought it would be.

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site

I watched the entire presentation. So far....THIS is my next phone.

1080P vids, continuous focus, video snaphots, Android beam allowing you to transfer data between devices by touching them together, updated visual voice, inline spell checker during text input, improved folder handling, unlocking by face recognition, consistent interface across all stock applications, no camera shutter lag, scrollable and stackable widgets, ability to save a copy of any screen you see on your phone without rooting or another app, improved nofications, context senstive navigation buttons.......

I'm on Verizon.....Yeah going to get this!

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site

I am very happy with the presentation. I only hope that there is no Verizon issues and this phone does indeed launch on Verizon.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site

ICS is fantastic. Hardware is a big disappointment - a gpu that's very old, TI chipset instead of Exonys, 5mp camera and no talk of sensor so I'm sure its not been improved, no word on battery life improvements or battery capacity.

I just want ICS on my phone now.

ace0187420

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site

Yea until your passed out on the couch or they have a picture of you. That would suck if its that easy to fake.

Either way this phone is a let down. 5mp camera... No SD slot... Old ass GPU... so disappointing...

Yeah I'm with you 4 year old gpu is garbage

boarderline

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else catch him say "only 8.94mm thick....on the HSPA version". Also the specifications on the press release say "Specifications above may differ on the LTE version". Anyone think the verizon lte version is going to thicker than the other versions?

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I watched the entire presentation. So far....THIS is my next phone.

1080P vids, continuous focus, video snaphots, Android beam allowing you to transfer data between devices by touching them together, updated visual voice, inline spell checker during text input, improved folder handling, unlocking by face recognition, consistent interface across all stock applications, no camera shutter lag, scrollable and stackable widgets, ability to save a copy of any screen you see on your phone without rooting or another app, improved nofications, context senstive navigation buttons.......

I'm on Verizon.....Yeah going to get this!

Yeah, I dig the visual voice and how Google voice is integrated.

Jdm4292

Jul 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone else catch him say "only 8.94mm thick....on the HSPA version". Also the specifications on the press release say "Specifications above may differ on the LTE version". Anyone think the verizon lte version is going to thicker than the other versions?

Unfortunately... I hope that's the only difference and I hope it's still thin...

Sent from my ADR6400L

mckeydee

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site

Looks like this phone won't be coming to Sprint, unless it's made ahead of time to support Sprint's incoming LTE bandwith.

Qbfinest83

May 6, 2010
Visit site

Loved it going to buy it on Day 1 however I am seeing specs that say 16GB or 32GB internal memory does that mean there is going to be two VZW versions or is the 16GB mean select markets or is it 16GB with 16GB SD card?