Google Nexus Live Announcement Discussion Thread

BayRican

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Re: After Announcement thoughts on Galaxy Nexus and ICS here!

This is no doubt my next phone. No SD and no HDMI out kinds sucks but the phone is amazing. Will be getting it in release day. time to retire my Thunderbolt to the shelf with My Nexus 1 and S.

Gone24

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

This phone is amazing getting it on the first day it comes out no doubt!!

jerrod6

May 20, 2011
Visit site

Coming from an OG droid clocked at 256 to 500 MHz I am fine with 1.2. What is real difference in performance between 1.2 and 1.5 - it all depends on how the operating system is using it.

5mp or 8. I dunno I have a 5mp camera on my og droid and I also have a 5mp camera on my Canon Powershot standalone camera. The standalone takes better pix than the phone. both are 5mp but the better quality pics from the standalone are difficult to send via email due to their size so......again all depends on how the software implementates the hardware and if there is truly no lag all the better.

So far I am pleased.

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google Nexus Live Announcement Thread

Yea, a little ridiculous the LTE version seems to be thicker. Not cool Samsung. Motorola just released a 7.1mm LTE phone, I think you could have kept the device at 8.8mm.

Reactions: boarderline

CZ Eddie

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site

Only complaint is the top and bottom bezel of the phone looks huge. Not sure what the point of software buttons if they can't shrink that space.

Those buttons go away depending on what you're doing at the time.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I heart this phone.

Face recognition. Srsly? Wow. I cant believe apple didnt see this one coming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

MikeNY

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site

This will be the gold standard. Funny thing is I was at a pizza place today and a group of people hade the iphone 4s (their 1st iphone they told me). I asked if I could see it and showed them my 1 year old EVO. I would say after a minute of playing with it and learning everything about Android they were like wtf, can we still return this thing to Apple? lol...imagine if they saw Ice Cream Sandwhich and the Nexus. Looks like Androids 58% share to Iphone's 28% share will be drastically increasing over the next year.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

Coming from an OG droid clocked at 256 to 500 MHz I am fine with 1.2. What is real difference in performance between 1.2 and 1.5 - it all depends on how the operating system is using it.

5mp or 8. I dunno I have a 5mp camera on my og droid and I also have a 5mp camera on my Canon Powershot standalone camera. The standalone takes better pix than the phone. both are 5mp but the better quality pics from the standalone are difficult to send via email due to their size so......again all depends on how the software implementates the hardware and if there is truly no lag all the better.

So far I am pleased.

I agree about the camera. My Iphone 4 cam is only 5 MP and, it's a lot better than the Bionic's which is 8 MP.

kylep23

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm guessing since ics unifies tablet and phone os, that video gtalk will finally work on a phone!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

delco714

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Any idea what those three little dots were officially? I don't think I missed that. Assumed it was inductive magnetic charging like macbook

KlugN

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
I hope it at least has a removable battery. The no SD card is a big let down for me. I'm also a little concerned about the size. Overall I'm impressed but I'm not sure if it can move me away from sense. I'll have to see the Rezound before I make my decision I think. And the speculated release date is November 10th.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

SpaceHippie

Journeyman
Dec 21, 2010
Visit site

Any idea what those three little dots were officially? I don't think I missed that. Assumed it was inductive magnetic charging like macbook

for a dock. I never saw an actual charging port though so i wonder if those actually charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20