View Poll Results: Is this device too big for you?

Voters
303. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 11.22%
  • No

173 57.10%
  • I'm not sure, need a hands on...

96 31.68%
11-10-2011 11:16 AM
143 12345 ...
tools
    I don't think there will be a significant difference between this and the current batch of 4 inch smart phones.
    Oh it's larger than a 4.0" phone. But it's in the same size class as a 4.3" phone. It's certainly nothing like the mini-tablet phones like the Galaxy Note or the Dell Streak.
    10-20-2011 12:29 PM
    The Samsung Infuse is wider and thicker than the Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus is slightly longer.
    10-20-2011 12:38 PM
    In the pictures I saw, the Nexus was significantly taller than the GSII. My issue isn't with the width, its the height
    10-20-2011 01:51 PM
    In the pictures I saw, the Nexus was significantly taller than the GSII. My issue isn't with the width, its the height
    It's not even half an inch longer than the GS2.
    10-20-2011 01:52 PM
    As long as it fits in my pocket, I'm okay with it. I had the DX before going to the Atrix and I really miss the size of the DX. Can't wait to get this and have a good size phone again.
    10-20-2011 02:17 PM
    Oh it's larger than a 4.0" phone. But it's in the same size class as a 4.3" phone. It's certainly nothing like the mini-tablet phones like the Galaxy Note or the Dell Streak.
    Yes, but how much of a difference is there between 4 and 4.3?
    10-20-2011 02:34 PM
    It's not even half an inch longer than the GS2.
    Half an inch is pretty significant when it comes to cell phones. Especially when it's compared to an already large phone. Look at a 4.5" screen next to a 4" screen and tell be the difference isn't significant.
    10-20-2011 02:36 PM
    The size should be just fine for me. I have pretty big hands and can reach four corners on my old DX easily.
    10-20-2011 03:40 PM
    Lol...Epic post. I wonder how many people recognize the reference.
    And they're like, it's better than yours...
    10-20-2011 04:31 PM
    yeah, i do think it's super huge... i will be buying it but im pretty concerned.
    it's super long... longer than S2 and even Titan... and it's not THAT light and thicker than S2...
    i do worry about it being in my pocket as i don't wear baggy jeans like i did in the late 90's... -_-
    sigh.....
    10-25-2011 07:22 PM
    The Samsung Infuse is wider and thicker than the Galaxy Nexus. The Nexus is slightly longer.
    Glad it wasn't my imagination. I thought it looked odd after seeing some side by side cpmparison pics. That's the biggest issue I have with ths GN. The 4.52" screen devices on all the SGS II variants are noticeably wider & shorter than the 4.65" GN. Not only are the dimensions on the devices physically
    wider on the other phones. Actual area of onscreen width is smaller as well. Which is no big deal if your browsing but watching full screen, especially letterbox, video in landscape will actually look much smaller (widthwise) & oddly srtetched (lengthwise). I don't see how the GN can have a screen ratio like
    the Infuse & other 4.5".
    10-25-2011 08:18 PM
    I have decent sized hands.. I honestly am not worried about the size of the phone in the slightest.

To those who are concerned I have the perfect phone for you.. the HTC Rhyme.
    10-25-2011 08:24 PM
    Yes, I also feel that it's a little too large. More than it needs to be. The top and bottom bezels are just unnecessarily big. Wasted space.

Meh, I'll get used to it. I'll just look funny with 2 huge bulges in my pants...
    crzycrkr likes this.
    10-25-2011 08:35 PM
    The top and bottom bezels are just unnecessarily big. Wasted space.
    I'm sure there are important parts in there. Also, the hidden notification LED makes up for it with awesome.
    10-26-2011 02:55 AM
    As long as it isn't as big as the infuse I'm good.

10-26-2011 03:30 AM
    Way too big, but I'll get it anyway because the phones that fall into my ideal size range all get saddled with yesterday's tech and dead-end upgrade paths. Why can't someone make a 4" screen, buttonless phone with top notch internal hardware and software? Android users are such size queens :-P
    10-26-2011 03:50 AM
    Glad it wasn't my imagination. I thought it looked odd after seeing some side by side cpmparison pics. That's the biggest issue I have with ths GN. The 4.52" screen devices on all the SGS II variants are noticeably wider & shorter than the 4.65" GN. Not only are the dimensions on the devices physically
    wider on the other phones. Actual area of onscreen width is smaller as well. Which is no big deal if your browsing but watching full screen, especially letterbox, video in landscape will actually look much smaller (widthwise) & oddly srtetched (lengthwise). I don't see how the GN can have a screen ratio like
    the Infuse & other 4.5".
    With the 16:9 screen ratio, you shouldn't need letter box view.

Thanks, Robrecht
    10-26-2011 05:03 AM
    Way too big, but I'll get it anyway because the phones that fall into my ideal size range all get saddled with yesterday's tech and dead-end upgrade paths. Why can't someone make a 4" screen, buttonless phone with top notch internal hardware and software? Android users are such size queens :-P
    They say that the polls show that people want bigger screens. I wasn't part of that poll. I suppose I'll eventually get used to the size.
    10-26-2011 06:29 PM
    I have a hard enough time one handing my tbolt. 4.6 is far to large in my opinion.

Sent from my CM7 Thunderbolt, AOSP.
    10-26-2011 06:48 PM
    Going from a BlackBerry Bold 9700 to this monster should prove quite the challenge. I think I can manage, but I will need to try it in my hands first and see if I can use my one thumb to type on it.
    10-26-2011 10:07 PM
    too big for me, opting for the razr. more durable, thinner, lighter. Ill have enough crap in my lab coat. need something that can get banged around in my pocket and doesn't weigh me down more
    10-26-2011 10:50 PM
    too big for me, opting for the razr. more durable, thinner, lighter. Ill have enough crap in my lab coat. need something that can get banged around in my pocket and doesn't weigh me down more
    dude, razr is actually slightly wider than the gnex, while gnex being taller by 8mm, overall gnex shouldn't feel much bigger than the razr in your hand.

ottscay likes this.
    10-27-2011 03:52 AM
    What about everything else I said abut the razr. It's a thinner smaller phone amongst other important factors
    crzycrkr likes this.
    10-27-2011 10:59 AM
    Much ado about nothing. it is barely bigger than the original droid x in length (.8 cm). It is no wider and it is thinner.

The rounded corners and curved shape should make it feel better in a pocket than the razor. GN screen also covers a bigger percentage of the phones face than the razr.
    10-28-2011 07:30 AM
    Much ado about nothing. it is barely bigger than the original droid x in length (.8 cm). It is no wider and it is thinner.

The rounded corners and curved shape should make it feel better in a pocket than the razor. GN screen also covers a bigger percentage of the phones face than the razr.
    Everyone keeps talking about the thickness and wideth, but keeps ignoring the height. Its a 1/2 inch taller than the GSII. With huge bezels top and bottom. It's not much ado about nothing, its f-ing huge. Before release everyone kept talking about how software buttons and ICS would make it so there would be almost no bezel on the phone. Almost all screen. Why does everyone seem to be conveniently forgetting that now I wonder.
    delco714, EggoEspada and djw39 like this.
    10-28-2011 09:14 AM
143 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD