NFC questions

Centro85#AC

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I know this is more of a general tech question than Nexus only, but does anyone know the transfer speed of NFC? Is it faster than bluetooth? Just wondering how efficient it would be sending pictures/videos/files etc through NFC instead of through the internet which always seemed faster than bluetooth. Looks like android finally found a way to replace the old palm InfaRed system. I have missed that for awhile. Bluetooth just never seemed to cut it speed wise, and has always had an unreliable connection problem.

Lots of thoughts rolling through my head about the new nexus and ICS. I am a tad bit disappointed spec wise, BUT I think it keeps up with everything currently on the market and I am a firm believer in the nexus phones being an example of CURRENT cutting edge technology with new android OS for developers, not UP AND COMING technology. If the battery is removable, I am in. Period. :) Over all I am super excited, and I am really glad I am the primary account holder/line and haven't used an upgrade in over a year and a half :)

Azmuh

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Battery is removable.... the nexus specs are good enough to handle everything ICS throws at it....

and the NFC beam seemed pretty fast.....

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
is the NFC built into the battery? because the pictures of the battery has Near Field Communicator written on it ... or is there a chip behind the battery? if so, it is a bit weird that they write NFC on the battery itself.

kf_109634

Oct 29, 2013
Visit site
I know this is more of a general tech question than Nexus only, but does anyone know the transfer speed of NFC? Is it faster than bluetooth? Just wondering how efficient it would be sending pictures/videos/files etc through NFC instead of through the internet which always seemed faster than bluetooth. Looks like android finally found a way to replace the old palm InfaRed system. I have missed that for awhile. Bluetooth just never seemed to cut it speed wise, and has always had an unreliable connection problem.

Lots of thoughts rolling through my head about the new nexus and ICS. I am a tad bit disappointed spec wise, BUT I think it keeps up with everything currently on the market and I am a firm believer in the nexus phones being an example of CURRENT cutting edge technology with new android OS for developers, not UP AND COMING technology. If the battery is removable, I am in. Period. :) Over all I am super excited, and I am really glad I am the primary account holder/line and haven't used an upgrade in over a year and a half :)

It actually depends on the chip as far as speed. I put a link at the bottom that breaks down the speed as well as chip size. Hopefully this helps.

NFC Chip Types - NFC - GoToTags NFC Software Documentation

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power