Does anyone else hate the name?

4ekbrandon

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Is it just me, or does "The Galaxy Nexus" sound remarkably awkward?

To me, the name screams "both parties wanted to focus on their own branding" and "the parties couldn't come to a mutual agreement", which also makes me think, if they couldn't come to an agreement on something as simple as a name- what else couldn't they agree on during design that could have potentially harmed the phone?

I'm still going to get the phone if/when it comes to sprint(unlimited data, please), but the name is just very annoying to me.

Averix

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Doesn't bother me at all. That said, my default ring tone will be "one shall stand, one shall fall".

NeoLogic

Oct 31, 2010
Visit site
I mentioned this elsewhere, but the name sounds stupid.... something like Stingray Camero. Two existing but separate products with their names merged together. Its dumb, like they ran out of ideas for new names

Sent from my DROID using Tapatalk

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't care for the name either. It's kind of weird but, if they had to use the word galaxy in the name, I would have liked it better as the Galaxy Nexus Prime.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I liked Nexus Prime better, but I don't really care. I'll probably just refer to it as "the new Nexus phone" when asked about it by people who aren't smartphone geeks like us anyhow.

terpitude71

Retired Moderator
Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
thats exactly why they named it this way; they want you to immediately recognize that its a samsung phone, and the galaxy line are their flagship devices.

as for my thoughts on the name, i could take it or leave it. ill probably just be referring to it as "the nexus" when showing it to people

goldkear

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I was rather fond of the prime name, but after watching the video of the full presentation, I get it now. it's supposed to represent bringing the two brands together. its stupid, but a good portion of the presentation focused on the partnership between the two companies.

kca2000

May 10, 2011
Visit site
I just tell everyone im getting the new nexus phone.

Im not a huge fan of Galaxy Nexus, but whenever i tell someone im getting the "Nexus Prime" I get

"What is that a new transformer phone or something?". Really getting sick of hearing that as a reply.

ghost010

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
i shal call it prime!
and i shal mod the battary cover.and put prime on it!
and i shal mod anything on the phone that says galaxy nexus!

Iceman0803

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Not a big fan of the name myself. But, as soon as the device is in my eagerly awaiting hands I won't care anymore. At that point I will be referring to it only as "Sweet Lloyd"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol