How long should I wait to hear word on an AT&T Galaxy Nexus?

GravityDroid

Oct 11, 2011
Visit site
I'm due for an upgrade and very anxious to take advantage of it considering I've had a to-go phone for ages. I'd really like to just go ahead and grab the GS2, but the idea of the Galaxy Nexus coming to AT&T entices me. How long should I wait to hear word on whether it will be coming to AT&T before just going ahead and picking up the GS2. If its going to be until January I think I'd rather just get the GS2 now.

ggong5150

Feb 28, 2010
Visit site
Probably hear something in a week or so. Verizon supposedly is releasing it on 11/10, so hopefully we'll hear something soon. I'm very anxious to get one as well. My GS2 will be my back up.

TrackerF16

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
im waiting for a few weeks, if i dont catch word or rumors of anything announced before the end of the year, ill be jumping ship to go with the galaxy S2

ddot196

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
Wait till at least January. This phone will be heading to ATT and I am sure it will be first up after Verizon. I would not jump to the GS2 just because you can't wait a few months. It will be here and you will be very happy you waited. I mean it will be the first phone with ICS. Nothing beats that.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
NO micro sd slot....that is a HUGE blow! I like having 32gb of extra storage....Stupid move by Samsung....

Nexus is using older CPU, no micro sd capability and ICS will be coming to GS2 and other devices in months to come and even sooner once developers get their hands on it.

I do want to see that screen though...sounds amazing. Wish the GS2 was a qHD screen.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Another down side to the Nexus...Super AMOLED
Not Super AMOLED+ like the Galaxy. :(

http://samsunggalaxys2review.org/samsung-super-amoled-plus-vs-super-amoled-explained/

Last edited:

treystegall

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
I'm on a flippin Samsung Captivate and the Galaxy Nexus can't get here fast enough. I was ready to go with the GS2, but CM7 is so nice even on my Captivate that waiting another couple of months for ICS is tolerable.

AndreaCristiano#AC

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
NO micro sd slot....that is a HUGE blow! I like having 32gb of extra storage....Stupid move by Samsung....

Nexus is using older CPU, no micro sd capability and ICS will be coming to GS2 and other devices in months to come and even sooner once developers get their hands on it.

I do want to see that screen though...sounds amazing. Wish the GS2 was a qHD screen.

The no sd slot is not a Samsung decision it's a Nexus thing since the Nexus S. they will always have onboard memory only now

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Yea the atrix sucked horribly was so happy when I was gone

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I got this phone expecting great things and I am so disappointed with it. Really crossing my fingers for AT&T to jump on this phone and fast.

Sent from an app that you can probably guess.

fogel35

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I am willing to wait but it would be nice to have some confirmation that it will be relatively soon :) . I would rather have plain vanilla android than any phone manufacturer skin over it.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I am willing to wait but it would be nice to have some confirmation that it will be relatively soon :) . I would rather have plain vanilla android than any phone manufacturer skin over it.

+1. I've skipped out on the Nexus twice now for a different phone, it wont be a third :)

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Look. This phone is optimized to use dual core. Other phones are not. I bought the atrix, but it really only uses one core. The mp on a camera does not determine the quality. The sensors do. I'm with you on the SD card.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting as long as its takes. My phone is defineately aged but it does what I need it to do, and I'm in no rush. May bypass if I hear some good Kel-El phones coming...not likely but anything is possible.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
what? the Galaxy Nexus has a Super AMOLED HD screen, which looks like it's going to blow Super AMOLED+ away...

Its just because it doesn't have the word "plus" in the name, and a blog made a big stink out of it (without even having the phone to compare with yet). So now everyone is complaining and making a fuss.

Reactions: robstunner

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johndoe11