Galaxy Nexus on T-Mobile?

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Prime....but for Tmo

I believe it will be released in 2011 by all major carriers. I think the exclusivity that Verizon is getting is the LTE network. I think ATT will be 4G only and TMO will be there HSPA+ network. So basically Verizon is getting the upper hand on the release because they have the fastest speed (HSPA+ is still extremely fast) but we'll all see this phone release before Christmas. Google won't miss out on that spending frenzy.

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I still suspect that Verizon will get a 2012 U.S. exclusivity, with the GNex launching on all other major networks in the U.S. in Q1 2012. Partially because that would be the only way to get a major Verizon marketing push, and partially because Samsung will still need to ramp up production, and they clearly intend to launch in lots of other international markets at the same time. So I'd look for announcements on the other networks right after Xmas.

spridell

Jun 10, 2010
Visit site

I agree with all the other carriers getting it Q1 of 2012. But I also think when it comes out on the other carriers there will be some minor differences. Maybe faster processor or more storage. Something a little different kind of like what they did with the SII this year.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site

Eric -
Thanks for the heads-up on Negri Electronics. They are legit as I just got off the phone (888 358-6358) with them and yes, they said $689.50 was the retail priceing on the phone, with no taxes and free ground shipping. I did some interweb digging :cool: and If you apply coupon code 20offsbhk you'll get $20 off the price and get it down to $669.50. But that's the first priceing I've seen for the unlocked version and I would be patient and wait as you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else. :)

dash813

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Eric -
Thanks for the heads-up on Negri Electronics. They are legit as I just got off the phone (888 358-6358) with them and yes, they said $689.50 was the retail priceing on the phone, with no taxes and free ground shipping. I did some interweb digging :cool: and If you apply coupon code 20offsbhk you'll get $20 off the price and get it down to $669.50. But that's the first priceing I've seen for the unlocked version and I would be patient and wait as you may be able to find it cheaper somewhere else. :)

their legit because you talked to someone on the phone??

ottscay

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

I agree with all the other carriers getting it Q1 of 2012. But I also think when it comes out on the other carriers there will be some minor differences. Maybe faster processor or more storage. Something a little different kind of like what they did with the SII this year.

That seems likely. It not only allows for some differentiation, but also allows them to manage parts costs by looking at what is available when they are making decisions for each carrier.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site

Well, if you search eBay and other websites you'll see that there is already a sim unlocked version for sale so I don't see why it would be released any different. There Nexus S dropped for T-Mo in Nov of last year and there was a lot of feedback that it wasn't available to anyone else. It took months before AT&T got their version and the only change was when Sprint got the Nexus S and they added the 4G antenna.

Thats why I think they'll drop everything they can before Christmas and Verizon will get the LTE version and AT&T, T-Mo & Sprint will get 4G & HSPA+ versions. It only seems logical. Google isn't going to make 4 or 5 different versions. They'll make the same device with different antenna's and thats it.

bart151

Nov 10, 2009
Visit site
Heres the important question...

Do I return my Samsung Galaxy S II and wait for the Nexus? I got the Sensation and the day after I got it I heard Tmob was getting the Galaxy S II.. Now that I got the Galaxy S II, the Nexus is coming... my god its a never ending cycle.. Will the Nexus be that much better then the Galaxy S II? Hardware wise the Galaxy S II looks better but who knows

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
Heres the important question...

Do I return my Samsung Galaxy S II and wait for the Nexus? I got the Sensation and the day after I got it I heard Tmob was getting the Galaxy S II.. Now that I got the Galaxy S II, the Nexus is coming... my god its a never ending cycle.. Will the Nexus be that much better then the Galaxy S II? Hardware wise the Galaxy S II looks better but who knows

You really should make up your own mind about this phone, but in my opinion, this isn't worth waiting for if you are already enjoying your SGS2. It seems like it basically is an SGS2 with "pure Google"

Jordan jones

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
Skip to bottom for the real info:

So I went to the Local T-mobile store because I wanted to do something that I have been helping AT&T customers with for months. I wanted to purchase a line for my grandmother. So i was going to get a 20 dollar prepaid Nokia. I was going to add it to my Post-paid account. With AT&T if you purchase your own equipment with post paid service they don't put you on a contract and you can upgrade at anytime to a new phone. Well at T-Mobile they start the contract if you activate service. Even if you use your own equipment. So my plan to activate the phone for my Grandmother then upgrade it to the galaxy nexus was shot. So then I told the guy I was waiting for the Galaxy Nexus. The employee searched for it on the T-mobile Intranet. A few seconds later he told me I should just get the Galaxy S II. He tried to push me to buy then, he told me that its a weaker Camera, and on T-Mobile I would be paying the more. As he said it the pricing will be similar to the Samsung Galaxy S II. I told him a nexus is a little bit better then a Touchwiz phone. He really started to get pushy so i left. My grandmother still does not have a phone.

What i got from him is that phone is in T-mobiles system they have the specs just no pricing or release date info. They have some clues to whats going on. Taken with a grain of Salt

P.S. I literally going to troll a T-mobile store today and try to get a picture of it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nirvana328

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
For me, I passed on the SG2, to wait for the Galaxy Nexus (looks/performance) from T-Mobile off contract, and if priced like the SG2 off contract hopefully would be ~ $529.00. The best price I got so far for an unlocked version GN was a pre-order price of $654.50.

GeneralTula

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I think the going price for the 32GB GNex will be about $699.00 off contract. Since unusually phones fall to the $500-$599 price range I think we'll see a nice jump on the 32GB and around the norm for the 16GB. And again, I do believe that it will come unlocked on sim version. Thats just my thoughts.

eric0668

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
For me, I passed on the SG2, to wait for the Galaxy Nexus (looks/performance) from T-Mobile off contract, and if priced like the SG2 off contract hopefully would be ~ $529.00. The best price I got so far for an unlocked version GN was a pre-order price of $654.50.

Where did you see that price. That is fantasticaly cheap. Cheapest I saw was 699 from Negri and there was a free shipping or another coupon somewhere

But more importantly, anyone have a guess as to when it will come out?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech