I've never rooted before, but I plan to with this only to increase the processor speed to 1.5ghz. But if I do will I be able to OTA update (I will not have changed anything other than rooting. Like no ROMs etc or whatever else there is), or will my phone brick or something?

Or will I have to unroot first? And it seems like unrooting wipes everything, so I don't know if that would be worth the effort every time.
    10-23-2011 10:31 PM
    I am not sure, but I believe you will be able to update, but will probably lose root with update.
    10-24-2011 01:51 AM
    No you update and the phone goes thru the whole process but at the end kicks you out and reboots back to rom and version you were on. Ive done this with my rooted nexus s.
    10-24-2011 02:48 AM
    Depends on your custom recovery. If you keep stock one yes you can ota update (and lose root in the process then just have to reroot)

That's what I did on my nexus s... though now I keep custom recovery and manually download the ota and apply it manually. Takes a few moments extra compared to keeping stock and doing it automatically, and is simpler to reroot so why not.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk
    10-24-2011 05:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD