As you may all know, the GN is not exclusive for Verizon (at least not forever) and at the announcement last week, Google has stated that the GN will be coming to several other countries such as Japan, UK etc.

No one here may really care about this, but for some of us (people outside of the USA, obviously), this is some very valuable information for the next few months to come

I do know that Japan is using LTE as a standard network, and one of which - the 1800Mhz - is currently in use in Australia, where I live. However I have been doing some research and the company that uses the 1800Mhz band for LTE, NTT DoCoMo have confirmed that they will receive only the HSPA+ version.

I really do want to use LTE for the GN and if Australia ends up getting the HSPA+ version I do not know what to pick for a new phone anymore.

Does anyone know any information/ predictions for this?
    10-24-2011 09:55 AM
    International has HSPA+, no LTE as far as I know.
    10-24-2011 09:56 AM
    10-24-2011 10:25 AM
    I would say it depends on your carrier. Don't know until they announce details about the device. A lot of these SOC's (system on a chip) support many different radio combinations, unlike previous mobile processors which were limited to having 1 processor for CDMA and another for GSM despite the phone being relatively similar. The Exynos processor was rumored to not support LTE, but the Tegra 2 had that same stigma, and now in the states, we have both the Xoom and the Samsung GalaxyTab 10.1" with both sporting LTE radios on Tegra2 processors.

I personally think this device will probably be GSM or CDMA+LTE. Our GSM Carrier in the states with an LTE network hasn't announced details about their device (or even confirm that they are getting it) so we just don't know yet.
    10-24-2011 11:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD