Some Unlocked Prices

burwil

Dec 11, 2009
Visit site
Last week the WSJ reported it costs Apple between $180 to $220 to make the 4s depending on memory. Assuming somewhat similar costs for Android phones the markup is way up there.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ManBearPig618

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I never trust these 3rd party retailer prices. Most of them just set a random number early on that will guarantee them a profit and adjust later when things become more clear.

tegee

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Ordering from these retailers is definitely a risk, as some, in their store policy fine print, "may" reserve the right to change the price when they receive the stock. That's why I'm waiting on the carrier specific unlocked version as it should be cheaper.

descendency

Jan 16, 2010
Visit site
The UK price is 550 pounds sterling.

Which means it will be around 550 US dollars. Just wait for an actual retailer to sell it here.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Will AT&T give you any problems with using this phone on their network? I remember the Nexus One required special activation.

dan1431

Mar 29, 2010
Visit site
Just a quick FYI, no special activation was required to use the Nexus One on the at&t Mobility network.

I ordered the phone from the Google Store, it arrived, I placed my sim in the phone and a few seconds later I had voice/data services.

Dan

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Wrong. You get EDGE speeds with no problem. 3G didn't work. I called and they said they had a special procedure.

Last edited:

tony710

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Wrong. You get EDGE speeds with no problem. 3G didn't work. I called and they said they had a special procedure. If you say otherwise, you're full of crap.

Nope, my story is the same as Dan's. Plugged in my already 3g att sim card and it worked just fine. No calls no issues.

Maybe you didn't have 3g data, did you come from like the iPhone 2g or something?

Its a little harsh calling someone full of crap for having a different experience than you. Since that makes two confirmed with no issues does that make you full of crap? No, but it makes you sound like a jerk.

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, you're right. I shouldn't have said he was full of crap. I came from a BB and they had to adjust my plan so it would run under a BB plan. It still shows up that way on my bill.
I did confirm what we already know; the international version will work fine and you will only have to plug in the chip. I called AT&T yesterday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk

Tom S.

Mar 24, 2010
Visit site
On a different note, I bought the Galaxy Nexus from a guy on ebay. $600 with 32 GB and he confirmed it's the international version. I'm not worried about a scam, ; it comes ebay protection plus I bought it with AMEX. If have access to an AMEX, use it. They really go to bat for you if you get ripped off.

Androidoholic
Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
On a different note, I bought the Galaxy Nexus from a guy on ebay. $600 with 32 GB and he confirmed it's the international version. I'm not worried about a scam, ; it comes ebay protection plus I bought it with AMEX. If have access to an AMEX, use it. They really go to bat for you if you get ripped off.

Awesome! When's it come in? Lucky dog you ;)

Sent from an app that you can probably guess.

tony710

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
If only I could convince my wife...

Sent from an app that you can probably guess.

I already convinced my wife, it's going to be my Christmas present. Only thing is I have to get it from a trusted vendor (like Amazon or something) and I get it early :)

I just hope official stores get it soon so I can preorder!