Shutter Lag Native to ICS or GN?

geronimo51

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
What I would like to know is if the Zero-Shutter-Lag feature is due to processing by ICS itself- in other words when ICS is loaded into other phones later, will their cameras will inherit this trait? Or is this due to a physical feature of the camera.... My phone is dying quickly and I need to upgrade soon. Not sure if I can wait for ATT to pull its head out and release this in November, if ever.....

Mannysaurus

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
I think there's been a previous thread on this already. Most people were saying that this was possible due to the hardware so I'll go with that.

Oh, and every manufacturer will throw their own skin over ICS like they do with all other versions so ultimately it's up to them and nobody can guarantee that the software will take pictures super fast. More than likely, it'll be at least a bit faster.

geronimo51

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Gotcha, thanks. I did a search and found nothing specific to this. Apologies if its already out there. Now lets just hope ATT comes through.......:mad:

humpagardengnome

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
What I would like to know is if the Zero-Shutter-Lag feature is due to processing by ICS itself- in other words when ICS is loaded into other phones later, will their cameras will inherit this trait? Or is this due to a physical feature of the camera.... My phone is dying quickly and I need to upgrade soon. Not sure if I can wait for ATT to pull its head out and release this in November, if ever.....

It's native to the hardware because of conflicts in the interactions w/ the OS. Due to the open source nature of Android development. Manufacturer skins aren't really an issue. One of the best features of android is it's open to an infinite variety of development options. It's also it's achilles heel, though. Unless manufacturers impliment the use internals that are/were optomized to work in unison w/ the OS, ala the iPhone, it will continue. Cuz speed can be beaten to the finish line by refinement. I hate admitting it's a better functioning platform because I despise Apples elitist attitude toward market competition but they aren't plagued by the near constant, conflicting OS issues like android. I hope that a brand new OS built solely w/uniformity & consistency in mind, will make that clear to the manufacturers.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech